Reconfigure or buy new motorhome

Hmox

Hi everyone

We currently own a 2009 Warwick duo with very low mileage and love the freedom the van brings. We now are a family of 3 and a dog and want to share our love of travelling with our little one but it only has 2 seats with seatbelts and 1 bed. We got this van for a very reasonable price 8 years ago and cant find anything we like that is around the 20k mark with low mileage ( we like van conversions but bigger than vw- ours is 6m) so, would we be best selling our van and trying to find a van that seats us all or could we modify our current van? We got the van recently valued at a showroom and it came to around 27k. Could we swap the single passenger seat for a twin seat? Is that easily done? We can bed share in the winter and awning sleep in summer.

Thanks for any advice!

Was the valuation against a new motorhome or a buy in price?

Dealers offer very tempting exchange values against the full price, but will offer whopping discounts for a straight sale.

Personally I'd move on and look for something more suited to your present needs, any changes you make may actually devalue your vehicle.

You probably could swap the single seat for a double "relatively" easily, and they now sell after market swivels for some double passenger seats..

(but I'd try to keep things so that they could be returned to standard when you do decide to sell).

How old is the little one?...because you would obviously need to factor in enough space/width to take the child seat.

I've no idea what type of seat belt the innermost of a double that is fitted into "open backed cab" would have? ( 3 point or just lap?)

You could end up doing a lot of faffing about, only to then outgrow the arrangement in a year or two anyway..

pepe63 - 2019-07-22 2:34 PM

You probably could swap the single seat for a double "relatively" easily, and they now sell after market swivels for some double passenger seats..

(but I'd try to keep things so that they could be returned to standard when you do decide to sell).

How old is the little one?...because you would obviously need to factor in enough space/width to take the child seat.

I've no idea what type of seat belt the innermost of a double that is fitted into "open backed cab" would have? ( 3 point or just lap?)

You could end up doing a lot of faffing about, only to then outgrow the arrangement in a year or two anyway..

Just to add to the above...

if you did swap for a double seat, you could find yourself with some issues with the airbag/seatbe!t warning lights etc ?

Taken as a whole,I think I'd be looking at swapping for something with a seatbelted dinnette?

Archived