crit air

Grumpy Grandad

Hi.

How do I attach my Registration document to my crit air application please? I've scanned my documents to pdf at 288kb. Filled in the application form correctly, but when I try to attach my pdf it will not accept it. Normally if you attach a document to an e mail, the paper clip sign is shown, but it is not on the crit air application. How do I attach it please

Stuart

Just guessing but should you not just scan as a jpg and attach that? Watch it's not too large a file though.

That must have been what worked for me because I've only ever scanned to jpg

Dave

You can take a picture with your phone and email it to yourself. An android phone will give you the option of Resizing the image to an appropriate size. Not sure about that other type of phone that seems popular, for some reason.

You can then attach it.

Hope this helps.

I’ve experimented with the Crit’Air application process and, if the file holding the registration document is too large, the message shown in red on the image below will be produced.

There seems to be a degree of latitude regarding the 400KB limit, as I was able to attach a file slightly larger than 400KB without the red message appearing. But, if the red message does appear, there’s no doubt that the file is too large for the Crit’Air procedure and the applicant will need to reduce the file’s size accordingly.

As will be seen, file-formats .jpeg .png and .pdf (and .jpg) are acceptable. I didn’t try attaching a .pdf file, but .png files caused no problems.

As far as the attachment procedure itself is concerned, the applicant will have stored the registration document file somewhere on his/her device (PC, tablet, phone, etc.) and, having filled in the relevant fields on the “Vehicle Informations” form, then needs to use the “Choose File” button to ‘point’ to that file. How the ‘pointing’ operates will depend on the device being used.

671948231_Critairmessage.png.afb012c818786d467d960b75d1d26987.png

Although it’s the convention for a ‘paperclip’ icon to be used for email attachments, the Crit’Air application does not involve email. The file attachment procedure of this forum is similar to the Crit’Air application conceptually and no ‘paperclip’ icon is used here.

It is possible to see the name of the file that is being attached (v5c2.jpg in the example I gave above).

When the SAVE button is clicked on, if the Crit’Air procedure moves on from Phase 2 (“FORM”) to Phase 3 (“Address”) it may be assumed that the file has attached successfully and (with any luck) will be acceptable.

Try attaching only page 2 of the V5C, which will make it a lot easier to compress to the file restrictions, I have applied twice succesfully with this method as I had to replace the sticker after a windscreen replacement. You will know within a day or two as they will send a confirmation of acceptance.

This July 2017 forum thread related to the Crit’Air sticker system.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/French-emissions-stickers-/47446/

and it was advised there (by Brian Kirby) that copies of the first two pages of a UK V5C registration document should be attached to the on-line application form. The V5C is a multi-page document and (as far as I’m aware) there is no ‘official’ advice about which of its pages need to be attached. I THINK, when I applied for a sticker, I attached copies of Pages 1 and 2 of the V5C as the application procedure permits two attachments to be provided. However, it soon became apparent that applications that provided just a copy of Page 2 of a V5C were acceptable.

Advice on-line and in magazines about applying for a Crit’Air sticker is often over-complicated. The following procedure summarises what’s needed for a motorhome-related application.

1: IRRESPECTIVE OF THE MOTOR CARAVAN’S MAXIMUM OVERALL WEIGHT, always choose the “Private cars” option for the "Vehicle category [Champ J**]” box.

2: Choose the “No indication of the environmental category” option for the “Indication of the environmental category [Champ V.9**]” box.

3: If the motorhome’s V5C does have a CO2 (g/km) figure in its Field V.7, enter that figure in the "CO2(in g/km) [Champ V.7**]” box. Otherwise leave that box empty.

Upload a copy (400KB maximum size) of the 2nd page of the motorhome’s V5C registration certificate - that’s the page with “UK Registration Certificate” in blue in the top-left corner.

Archived