2008 compass avantgarde 145 electrics.

athiest

Hi, am unable to find a faulty circuit to the offside rear side light & offside rear top light. A warning light on the dashboard to say that a bulb was not working came on a month ago then went off. It came on again two weeks ago and after checks I am unable to sort it. Can anyone point me to an Elldis electrical tech person that knows where the connections are & can sort it for me. Preferably someone that can come to me at B262BT Birmingham. I can also go to them if they are static somewhere around the midlands. "A"

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all again, Dave Newell what a guy. Called in with my faulty lights, he spent well over an hour trying to sort it but as it came down to a possible faulty electronic unit called a BSI that he did not have the equipment to test he did not charge me. That's what I call service. I offered to pay him something but he would not accept it on principal as he was unable to sort it. Certainly the guy to go to in the future. Apparently a common fault on Peugeot & Citroen models. If you think that your pride & joy has the same (various faults on the electrical side) go to www.BBA-reman.com they have a way to check your unit before sending it for repair. "A"

Hi all yet again, can any one point me to the location of the BSI unit on an 2008 Peugeot Boxer. Location? searches on the web just come up with firms that will recon your unit if you send them it. But I need to now where it is to remove it. I still have not checked it yet so may not need to recon it. Will post results when I have checked it.

Hi breakaleg, thanks for the reply but I know what the fault is & if I can get the unit off I can send it away & get it re-conned for about £160 against £750 at Peugeot. Being the unit off my Boxer it will not even need to be reprogrammed by Peugeot at least that is what the recon company say. I do like to do my own services and repairs if poss. The experts on this site have been very helpful for me over the last 10 years & I hope that what little knowledge that I have has helped some of the members when I have been able to put my ten cents worth in. "A"

If the BSI is in the same location as on the Ducato (which seems likely) then I believe (but can't vouch) that it is behind the in-dash fusebox, and tightly coupled with the same.

The diagram below, where 1 is the BSI (BCM) and 2 is the fusebox, should help:

1508392178_BSILocation.JPG.733cf8283d591df1a8239ce5d3f3fff6.JPG

It is impossible to see on my (newr van) whether that is indeed the location. (I think the fusebox and BCM are close-coupled enough to almost appear as one unit).

I can, however, find various references to that being the location in various ages of the X250/290, including the post here, which mentions it in passing:

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/2014-Peugeot-Boxer-instrument-cluster-problem/50777/

Hi again, the fuse board looks the same but small black cable covers on both sides that I can not easily see how to remove mainly due to the size of the opening are stopping me from getting to any fixings. Looking at the size of the FB & parts attached to it, I do not think that I would be able to remove it without taking the dashboard apart. So it will be going back to Peugeot to fix. I would once again like to thank you for your help. "A"

Archived