brokers

bazooka

selling Hi due to health problems we are selling our dreamfinder galaxy LE.can anyone recomend a broker that will pay a fair price.I realise that the price will be lower.

Bas Iff any one is interested i n my low mileage 49000 2004 van.Please send me a private message.

Motorhomes are "high ticket" items and selling them privately requires effort and patience. Brokers will offer to seel for you but not usually offer to buy by paying you up front - so if they do it would be likely to require a fire sale price.

If you don't need the money urgently, consider offering your MH to a dealer for sale on a commission basis - i.e. they find the buyer and handle the sale but only pay you once the sale has gone through. You need to choose a dealer who is trustworthy so take care.

Sold my last caravan on this broker basis and it all went sweet as a nut but did take about 4 months early in the year. May be slower now towards the end of the summer? Chap I used also broker M/H's too. If you want to talk to them, speak with Paul at Mastercaravans in Sandy Bedfrodshire. 01767 680987, website https://www.mastercarsbedfordshire.co.uk/contact-us.

No relationship, just a satisfied customer :-D

MMM carries only a tiny number of MH adverts compared with the pre-internet days. A much better way to advertise a private sale these days is to use EBay - not least because that's how the dealers advertise theirs. And a classified ad on EBay is faster and cheaper too!

I sold a motorhome via eBay a few months back. Once we dropped the price a little we obviously hit a sweet spot and enquiries went through the roof and we sold it to the first person who enquired shortly after.

Our 'new' van we purchased via Motorhomedepot and that was painless. I believe the seller paid them £2K in commission.

When we sold ours we contacted 17 dealers all advertising in MMM and only 4 got back to us. We did contact a broker who was less than useless and suggested putting it up for sale at less than a dealer eventually paid for it. We lost about £20,000 in just over 3 years, so much for motorhomes holding their price.

I've always sold (and bought) the quickest way possibly which has been through a dealer, I rate any loss as par for the experience or the freedom and enjoyment it gave us over many years and don't consider money the most important factor in life and its always enabled us to change interests easier.

Archived