Heiki rooflight

getaway

My large heiki rooflight will not remain in the fully open position. It is probably 20 years old and I suspect the gas pistons have got tired. Replacement (if available) does not look easy as the pivot spindles are fitted with blank discs. Any ideas, please!

getaway - 2019-08-12 1:58 PM

My large heiki rooflight will not remain in the fully open position. It is probably 20 years old and I suspect the gas pistons have got tired. Replacement (if available) does not look easy as the pivot spindles are fitted with blank discs. Any ideas, please!

You have to remove the blanking discs to get at the strut mounting. Easiest method is screw a small self tapper into the disc, then use that to pull the disc away. New struts are easily sourced though shop around on the internet as prices vary. I paid about £40 for mine but seen prices lower.

Another point worth checking are the black nylon hinges and pins (3 on a Heki 2) as they are prone to weathering and splitting.Those are also available and reasonably priced but are a weak point with the Heki's....could, and should in my opinion, have been made from something more substantial.

I have a heki 2 rooflight for sale with struts if you are interested?

Been sat in my bedroom for a couple of months now and would like to get shot :-D

Send me a message if you want it.

Also have the interior blind/ flyscreen and would ideally like the 2 to go together as they are in the same box so easier for delivery.

Paul- - 2019-08-18 9:16 AM

SGS engineering do good ones https://www.sgs-engineering.com/searches/?q=heki%20roof%20light%20gas

the plastic cap can be removed with a decent engineers scriber or pick tool.

I bought mine from them and they work well, you will however have to use a bit of forethought and reuse some of the old parts.

Same company as i got mine from and i notice they were £26 each before the price drop! 8-)

Archived