Aires in Belgium

HarveyHeaven

HarveyHeaven - 2019-08-27 12:06 PM

Are they as good as France? We're planning a trip through Germany in the autumn and are wondering whether to go straight into Belgium or to potter down through France and go in further down?

I've not spent much time in Belgium so can't answer your question, but one I can recommend is Ypres. It's well laid out with individual hardstandings, 8 euros a night including electric, and about 15 minutes walk to the town centre.

We use them fairly regularly and found them all to be good so far. We also used the 1 above and is one of our favourites along with the one in Beernam which gives good access to Brugge via an easy circa 10k cycle along the canal. We use the latter as a convenient stop off before getting the boat back. You can use the facilities in the adjacent Marina.

This year we went to La Roche en Ardennes which is very interesting and you can easily spend a couple of days there. There is a free stopover outside the swimming pool but no water or electric from what I saw. We were in the adjacent campsite but they might allow you to fill up for a few Euros?

Derek Uzzell - 2019-08-28 7:59 AM

I can’t comment on how comparatively ‘good’ Belgian aires are, but the campingcar-infos website carries details of 264 installations of various types.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?pays=BELGIQUE

Many thanks for this link...we didn't have this one though I think we have most of the others. :-D

We have used the two in Brugge

They are opposite each other, the large one draws you in as it is obvious as you drive down the access road but the other one is vastly more spacious and quieter.

The downside is, you have to pay a couple of euros for the water which is in a locked cabinet, the upside is, no one uses this tap to rinse their toilet's out as there is no emptying point on this side of the road but it isn't far to the other one. lol

Not sure when the charges change but High season was e 25.00 per 24 hours and e15 out of season (October) i think but well worth it for the location

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Rael, many thanks, this one is on the way we have chose to go so I think we might use it. I particularly like stopping close to any water, be it lake, river, sea or canal so love the sound of this one. We're off a week on Friday regardless of what happens with Brexit....we'll keep out fingers crossed that we can get back with Star our miniature poodle puppy, whose health is first class and her injections all up to date... if not we'll just have to stay on the continent (lol)

Archived