Barcelona

Grumpy Grandad

Hi.

We are going to Lincoln Motorhome Show then catching the very early morning ferry to Calais ( 2 am ).

First stop is an Aire just above Boulogne. Hopefully keeping a close eye out for speed cameras, thankyou Brian. Going to the Normandy beaches then down through France, heading South roughly via Le Mans, Limoges, Toulouse and Perpignan, then down to Vilanova camp site at Sitges. Our return journey will be Lyon, Dijon, Reims, arriving back at Dover on November 8th. I have got my International Driving Permit, so hopefully, if brexit goes ahead, we will not encounter any problems. We intend to use mainly Aires with occasional camp sites. We prefer to keep off the toll roads, visiting Chateaus and small towns etc. Can anyone suggest any aires, camp sites and generally, interesting places to visit on our way down please.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Will.

We are away from !8th September until 8th November.

First few days are at Lincoln, then into France on the 24th September. We expect being in Normandy for 2 or 3 days.

Down to Sitges 3weeks later, booked at Villanova park for 3weeks.

Leave Villanova park on 2nd November,

Booked on Calais - Dover ferry 7th November

So, all together we are away for just over 7 weeks, unless the French customs start working to rule of course!!

Stuart

If you’re Aire hopping then if you don’t already have it I suggest you use the free Park4Night app on your mob. We’re just back from a Belgium/Luxembourg/Germany/France trip and used Park4Night for selecting our next Aire/Stellplatz each night. If you’re unfamiliar with the app it allows you to review Aires around your location of choice – ie your next destination. We find the map view best. Clicking on an Aire brings up it’s description, photographs and most importantly, recent reviews by people who have actually used it including translations for non English reviews. We’re located some marvellous Aires that way. It can also be configured to show campsites although I cannot vouch for how comprehensive the campsite coverage is.

Archived