Broken bits of the Forum

Willum

Probably the wrong place to ask - but I can't seem to find anything appropriate:

Has anyone tried using the 'Sell My' board to try and sell something in the 'under £100' section. I'm having awful problems with it messing about, changing its mind on things, refusing to accept empty boxes for no reason, then, worst of all, refusing to upload (500Kb) photos, apart from - sometimes - just one, then putting the same one up three times. It also says - and has for the last 3 days - there's a problem uploading my photos and I should try again - but I've lost the will to live, trying again. Yes, I know I can email the photos and info direct but I jut want the website to work if the DIY option is offered. I'm using a Mac and Firefox, if it has any bearing on what someone might know

Much of the Out&AboutLive’s website’s underlying software goes back to 2005 when the forums were created and some of what MAY have worked properly then is decidedly cranky now.

Having looked at the “For Sale” section, it’s evident that some people have managed to create an advert of the up-to-£100 variety, though some of the adverts look a mite odd and none I could see include more than a single photo.

I agree that the “Sell My” procedure is horrid, but the chances are nil that - as long as people can manage to create advert (be it ever so difficult) Warner’s are going to spend money paying a 3rd-party software company to revamp the procedure.

Archived