Where can I buy a Schault AM 631

weldted

Hi all, my tv died and in the process shorted out. I have traced the wiring back to the AM 631.

There is output one side but not the other. It has taken out both tv points and the lighting in the rear. I am surprised the are no fuses to protect this. I have followed the cables which to be fair are clearly marked. The supply from the battery is live where it enters the unit but the bar that has the sockets and lights has no output.

...research indicates that the AM nnn Bus Modules are fused via internal polyswitches (i.e. fuses that will reset themselves if the appropriate action(s) is undertaken).

There don't appear to be operating instructions in English for the bus modules, but rough (Google) translation from the German version runs as follows:

The following functional areas are protected by a polyswitch fuse:

- All outputs of the bus modules

- Control and control panel / internal control in the EBL 630

If there is a fault, the electric block is for about 2 minutes. off

and disconnect from the 230 V network. During this time the polyswitch fuses settle

of the EBL and the bus modules on their own.

Similar instructions appear in the "troubleshooting" section.

You may not have an EBL630, but the principle should be the same. Turn the EBL off (I would expect that to be a battery switch on most EBLs, but I can't see one for the EBL630), disconnect from mains, leave for over 2 minutes (I'd suggest 5) and turn on again.

If this doesn't work, rather than buying a new unit, I'd first contact Schaudt, since, unless the unit is completely borked, there should be a reset process.

Thank you, I think it was a moment of panic with our new toy, as stated their is very little info on what to do but I turned off the power waited a few mins turned it back on everything is fine. Wrong end of a very long day. What confused me is the negatives are brown and the positives are blue which I find strange which seems to go against logic blue being cold (negative) brown being warm (positive) is to me normal, but Burstner think different.

....If you have an EBL 630, it would appear that there is no on/off switch on it, but that a 'decommissioning' process (not a simple 12v on/off) needs to be done through the control panel. How to do this should be in the panel instructions.

Edited to add : obviously no longer required. :-)

weldted - 2019-09-26 10:14 PM

What confused me is the negatives are brown and the positives are blue which I find strange which seems to go against logic blue being cold (negative) brown being warm (positive) is to me normal, but Burstner think different.

....and, for the 12V side, so do most (all?) other German converters.

Archived