Not spilling my drink.

Conrad

Any ideas here? The only flat place to put the clever little two-dimension spirit level in our van is on the dining table, which means I can't see it as I shunt about on the pitch and have to rely on my wife hopping in the back and calling out to me. Anyone know of a way to set it up in front where I can see it?

Throw the spirit level out of the window. Then just use your best guess. Works for me. If you have an instrument you will have to use it. No instrument, no problem and the quicker you get your drink.

Or just open the wardrobe or bathroom door then jig up and down the ramps. When it swings level straight out its about right.

What’s needed is a quick faff free method. We stick the plug in the sink and add some water. It’s easy then to visualise any gradient and it’s direction and with a bit of practice you’ll find that you can determine how many notches up the ramp each wheel needs to go first time off. Once ‘levelled’ pull the plug and if it drains ok then it’s level enough for the fridge etc.

Now I got the photo up, here's the message!!!!!

Dunno what MoHo you have Conrad but we use a Bullseye level kept in the coin pocket on the dashboard.

When arriving place it where the photo shows and then decide if any levelling is required..

Works for us.

HTH

B-)

With experience, I get a feeling just by looking at the van, - looking at the ground, and how the van's sitting as to where the ramps are needed (if at all) and how far up the ramps the van needs to go. - On uneven ground, rather than on a slope, - it can be as simple as moving forwards or backwards away from a hollow or high spot and the ramps are not needed.

Nearly always near enough when checked with a spirit level - often don't bother to get the level out these days.

Hate not being fairly level, - nothing works properly, doors shut - or open, sink doesn't drain, toilet feels most odd, walking uphill / downhill to bed is weird, and I think a few degrees either way can mess up the fridge.

Archived