'Wallpaper' ripple around windows

BS20

Just noticed that we have had the wallpaper ripple around our windows after our trip out last week in our 2007 Autocruise. It is worse around the hob window and slight around two other windows, so I think it may be down to heat as we cooked on the hob most days and the weather was not the best.

No sign of damp anywhere around the windows so condensation after cooking may be the reason.

As it now seems dry, how do I get the ripple out without taking the interior window surround out to stick it back down ?

Probably need to have a hard think about how bad it is before embarking on remedial works but I'd use a sharp craft knife to make a series of fine cuts and glue it all back down. This happened to our Autotrail around the hob area also due to heat and condensation

It maybe use ful to see if you can dry the ripple to an extent with a hot / hair drier.

My badly pasted wallpaper at home bulges in damp / humid weather at times. I inject the bubble wiih wallpaper paste and a mixture of delicate drying and flattening the bubble works.

The lining on a mhome wall may not be so forgiving.

Rgds

"No sign of damp anywhere around the windows so condensation after cooking may be the reason."

I would be revisiting that "no sign of damp" bit to see if that really is the case, and an underlying issue is not hiding itself away.

Where I had it, though far from obvious it proved ultimately to be the issue, so just make sure you have really properly investigated it to assure it is not ASAP.

I hope you are right.

I have had that a lot on my 05 Elddis, around the ceiling line,and window surrounds. At first I thought it could be the dreaded damp, but on checking found the wall panels really sound and hard. I have seen this mentioned before and IMO its down to poor adhesive used in manufacture. In the bathroom/ toilet the wallcovering being a different design, and obviously as to withstand much higher condensation conditions is as sound as the day it was built, no rippling anywhere. My opinion is a different adhesive was used in there.

To try to strip off the interior wall of its covering and replace with new and a decent quality adhesive is a mammoth task even for an expert decorator. I love my van and have no intention of selling it so just learn to live with this blemish.

Archived