Parliament verses the People..........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 8:56 AM

Today's the day we find out if Parliament is for or against the people >:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7589705/Daily-Mail-poll-reveals-Britain-wants-MPs-stop-delay-Boris-Johnson.html

I'm sure that they will all do what they believe is best for the people.

Problem is - they can't all agree on what IS best ( and nor can the people ).

:-|

What would be relevant would be a Daily Mail poll to see how many of their readers know what BoJo's deal contains *-)

'The chancellor, Sajid Javid, has refused to provide an economic impact assessment of the deal, breezily insisting that any cost will be worth it because getting Brexit agreed will be “good for the fabric of our democracy”. The closest guide we have is an independent study, warning that the latest arrangements could reduce Britain’s per capita GDP by up to 7% over 10 years (compared with remaining), making this deal even more economically damaging than Theresa May’s.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/18/remainers-boris-johnson-brexit

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-10-19 9:15 AM

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 8:56 AM

Today's the day we find out if Parliament is for or against the people >:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7589705/Daily-Mail-poll-reveals-Britain-wants-MPs-stop-delay-Boris-Johnson.html

I'm sure that they will all do what they believe is best for the people.

Problem is - they can't all agree on what IS best ( and nor can the people ).

The majority of "the people" decided what was best for them in June 2016 ;-) .........

The only mistake "the people" have made is believing certain MP's when they said they would respect the result of the referendum in the 2017 election *-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-10-19 9:23 AM

What would be relevant would be a Daily Mail poll to see how many of their readers know what BoJo's deal contains *-)

'The chancellor, Sajid Javid, has refused to provide an economic impact assessment of the deal, breezily insisting that any cost will be worth it because getting Brexit agreed will be “good for the fabric of our democracy”. The closest guide we have is an independent study, warning that the latest arrangements could reduce Britain’s per capita GDP by up to 7% over 10 years (compared with remaining), making this deal even more economically damaging than Theresa May’s.'

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/18/remainers-boris-johnson-brexit

I'll take the economic view of the Corbyn supporting Guardian with a large pinch of salt (lol) ........

I wonder if they'd dare do a economic assessment of the affect of a Corbyn government? >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-10-19 9:35 AM

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 9:24 AM

The majority of "the people" decided what was best for them in June 2016 ;-) .........

More fake news.

It was the majority of the people who voted.

So you assume you KNOW how those who couldn't be bothered would vote? ;-) ..........

Research some time ago showed that by 2:1 those that did not vote would likely vote to remain.

I see even the Mail cannot fudge its poll that well with a majority wanting a public vote on the deal.

I think they would win though if it was Johnsons deal vs remain. People are being conned all over again. Johnsons deal is a fake deal. Its always going to be no deal. They are just putting it off in order to romp home an election victory. Better to crash out on the 31st now IMO unless we can have a straight up public vote. No deal (the real deal) vs Remain.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-10-19 11:12 AM

Research some time ago showed that by 2:1 those that did not vote would likely vote to remain.

I see even the Mail cannot fudge its poll that well with a majority wanting a public vote on the deal.

I think they would win though if it was Johnsons deal vs remain. People are being conned all over again. Johnsons deal is a fake deal. Its always going to be no deal. They are just putting it off in order to romp home an election victory. Better to crash out on the 31st now IMO unless we can have a straight up public vote. No deal (the real deal) vs Remain.

You mean that research carried out by Remain funded analysts *-) ........

If that's the case ;-) ..........

Why are you Losers so afraid of an election? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 9:40 AM

More fake news.

So you assume you KNOW how those who couldn't be bothered would vote? ;-) ..........

You have already assumed that :D

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 9:27 AM

I'll take the economic view of the Corbyn supporting Guardian with a large pinch of salt (lol) ........

You can't have even looked at it or you would know its nothing to do with the Guardian.

(pdf file: https://t.co/foMcQzkXFA )

The Governmernt won't tell us its economic assessment.

So what economic assessment are you going by *-)

John52 - 2019-10-19 9:23 AM

These independant studies are on shaky ground when they are forecasting what the EU will be like in 10 years time. There might be no EU at all (as we know it).

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

But you seem to think you do.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-10-19 12:57 PM

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

I don't either ;-) ..........

BUT.......If they were to idle to vote in 2016............Why should I give a toss what they think now? *-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 11:30 AM

Why are you so afraid of a public vote No deal vs Remain?

Anyway it could be all over in the next few minutes.

There is a much more interesting and important debate and poll going on on Fruitcakes right now though.

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 2:35 PM

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

If you agree you don't know, why did you say the MAJORITY voted ( to leave ).

( I can quite see why you are a Boris Johnson fan ).

;-)

Barryd999 - 2019-10-19 2:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 11:30 AM

Why are you so afraid of a public vote No deal vs Remain?

Come on Barry.....you know the reason why!!!!

You telling me people who wouldn’t vote answer questions in a poll?? You ever been in a poll. I’ve never even seen one.

malc d - 2019-10-19 3:41 PM

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

;-)

Even to the point of parroting Johnsons inane soundbites trained by Cummings.

Guest pelmetman

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

;-)

For clarification ;-) .........The majority of those who "bothered" to vote *-) ........

Just as the next election will be won by the majority of those who can be "bothered" to vote for a particular party in their constituencies :D ........

No doubt you Losers will knit pick about that if you don't win (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 3:54 PM

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

;-)

For clarification ;-) .........The majority of those who "bothered" to vote *-) ........

Just as I thought. NOT the " majority of the people " as you claimed - just the majority of voters.

Just to knit pick :Our elections are won by a majority of seats - which is not necessarily the majority of votes.

;-)

p.s. Or so I read somewhere, many years ago.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-10-19 4:21 PM

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

;-)

Just as I thought. NOT the " majority of the people " as you claimed - just the majority of voters.

Just to knit pick :Our elections are won by a majority of seats - which is not necessarily the majority of votes.

;-)

Still knit picking *-) .........

BTW......I wonder how the Loser Brigade are going to win over the 17.4 million voters they've just p*ssed off AGAIN >:-) .............

pelmetman - 2019-10-19 4:38 PM

malc d - 2019-10-19 4:21 PM

More fake news.

No. I don't know.

;-)

;-)

Still knit picking *-) .........

Interesting that you see ' getting the facts right ' is " knit picking ".

You should apply for a job with Donald Trump.

;-)

Archived