Still believe the Tories wont flog off the NHS?

Barryd999

Channel 4 tonight at 8pm dispatches.

Still think its all rubbish about Trump and the NHS?

Brexit and a Tory government will gradually dismantle and sell off areas of the NHS, whilst also price increasing drugs to become unavailable to the NHS.

Do people really think the NHS is safe with Johnson and the current batch of Tories?

Twitter thread below. This could hopefully scupper his election chances and maybe Brexit if its as explosive as it sounds and it gets decent media coverage.

THREAD: 1/10 Dispatches has found that secret meetings have taken place between senior civil servants and representatives of US pharmaceutical firms where the price the NHS pays for its drugs has been discussed.

2/10 A source with knowledge of the trade talks told Dispatches that British trade negotiators have already held six official meetings with their US counterparts to talk about what might be in any trade deal.

3/10 Precise details of what has been discussed has been kept strictly confidential. But a Whitehall source has told us that drug pricing has been on the table in all six meetings.

4/10 The source told Dispatches how US drugs firms have been given direct access to British trade officials.

5/10 Dispatches has been told that as well as meeting with the US government, senior British trade officials have held face-to-face meetings with representatives of US drug firms, none of which have been declared.

6/10 Our source also told us that there have been five secret meetings between senior British civil servants and the US pharma industry. Two in Washington and three in London.

7/10 The most recent being in August after Boris Johnson had become Prime Minister. The source told us that drug “price caps” were discussed in at least one of these meetings.

https://twitter.com/c4dispatches/sta...654482945?s=21

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Oooh er Mrs........ more anti Brexit propaganda from the "EU FUNDED CH4" 8-) ......

Wait until a election date is agreed :D ........

Then they'll go into full blitzkrieg mode 8-) .........

Fortunately us plucky Brexiteers are immune to their Boll*cks (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-10-28 6:59 PM

Lets watch it and find out eh? I bet neither of you do though. Could be a load of crap of course but if not?

You carry on and fill yer boots Barry ;-) ........

I'd rather watch other crap UK TV here in Spain on our sooper dooper satellite dish.......than CH4 crap *-) ....

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-10-28 7:20 PM

Watch it ... Why the pinky would I wanna watch anything on Channel 4 ... You watch it and then maybe at the end of it when its told you what you wanna hear you can have a right good old chuckle to yaself

I wouldn't be surprised that our all inclusive NHS eventually starts offering "Free Floggings" ;-) ........

Judging by the way our wacky UK world is going *-) ........

Especially after Brexit :D ........

I reckon Barry and his fellow Losers will need sumfink to take their mind off the pain of Losing again >:-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-10-28 8:04 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-10-28 7:20 PM

Watch it ... Why the pinky would I wanna watch anything on Channel 4 ... You watch it and then maybe at the end of it when its told you what you wanna hear you can have a right good old chuckle to yaself

I wouldn't be surprised that our all inclusive NHS eventually starts offering "Free Floggings" ;-) ........

Judging by the way our wacky UK world is going *-) ........

Especially after Brexit :D ........

I reckon Barry and his fellow Losers will need sumfink to take their mind off the pain of Losing again >:-) ......

I dont think Barrys life will ever be the same again after the referendum result ... Barry has his very own AD/BC timeline which is BB , Before Brexit and AB , After Brexit ... Hes been awfully quiet about his girlfriends drop in popularity at the hands of those nasty right wing types Afd in Germany hasn't he ... I thought the rise of the right was dead ??? Yet another Barry Septic Peg prediction shot to pieces

Take it nobody watched it then.

Absolutely clear that the NHS is up for grabs in any trade deal

Absolutely clear that the USA sees rocketing drug prices as also on the table in a trade deal.

NHS drugs bill would go from £18 billion to £45 billion. Thats £500 million a week. So much for the £350 we wouldnt be saving anyway going to the NHS then.

Tories will be forced to privatise more and more of it, Americans will aim to get their mitts on it, Insurance companies will start flogging health plans.

I dont think it will happen overnight but it will happen if Brexit goes ahead and the current batch of Tories get their way. Only hope is to get them out of power.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-28 6:30 PM

Channel 4 tonight at 8pm dispatches.

Still think its all rubbish about Trump and the NHS?

Brexit and a Tory government will gradually dismantle and sell off areas of the NHS, whilst also price increasing drugs to become unavailable to the NHS.

Do people really think the NHS is safe with Johnson and the current batch of Tories?

I've recorded to view later as it is a matter we should all be concerned about.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-28 10:11 PM

Absolutely clear that the USA sees rocketing drug prices as also on the table in a trade deal.

NHS drugs bill would go from £18 billion to £45 billion. Thats £500 million a week. So much for the £350 we wouldnt be saving anyway going to the NHS then.

Tories will be forced to privatise more and more of it, Americans will aim to get their mitts on it, Insurance companies will start flogging health plans.

I dont think it will happen overnight but it will happen if Brexit goes ahead and the current batch of Tories get their way. Only hope is to get them out of power.

A Channel 4 documentary going all Hollywood doesnt mean its right Barry ... Theres one simple way you can avoid your doomsday scenario and thats to get your gutless God to agree to an election like hes been screaming for since day dot but now hes running scared of ... If the Tories are really so dire they'll be booted out wont they and you'll get your Labour Government you promised before Brexit , you might even get your Liberal Government ... As for the NHS if you seriously believe we can carry on as we do now funding it the way we fund it your in dreamland ... It needs more private cash ... Another simple way to avoid your Hollywood US takeover is for you to hope our American cousins dump POTUS Trump in 2020 and you get the Demorats in and lets be honest much of your hate filled gripe is with POTUS Trump isnt it if we were being honest ???

Birdbrain - 2019-10-29 5:08 AM

A Channel 4 documentary going all Hollywood doesnt mean its right Barry ... Theres one simple way you can avoid your doomsday scenario and thats to get your gutless God to agree to an election like hes been screaming for since day dot but now hes running scared of ... If the Tories are really so dire they'll be booted out wont they and you'll get your Labour Government you promised before Brexit , you might even get your Liberal Government ... As for the NHS if you seriously believe we can carry on as we do now funding it the way we fund it your in dreamland ... It needs more private cash ... Another simple way to avoid your Hollywood US takeover is for you to hope our American cousins dump POTUS Trump in 2020 and you get the Demorats in and lets be honest much of your hate filled gripe is with POTUS Trump isnt it if we were being honest ???

Of course its right. We have been banging on about the Tories long term plans and our deal with the USA for long enough and now the real evidence of that is coming to light.

Here is a rather interesting piece that you and the other Brexiteers wont read of course but hopefully the remainers on here will.

https://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/brexit-the-cold-hard-truth-emerges/

Its how Johnson if he is allowed to continue will push something like this through by granting himself Henry VIII powers. What they will do is let him change laws without passing new ones. And Johnson has granted nineteen of these laws.

In essence a Henry VIII power enables a minister to amend an Act of Parliament without needing another Act of Parliament. Normally this is done by issuing regulations. This is more than just controversial as it reduces the government’s accountability to Parliament. In other words – it gives the government executive powers over the scrutiny of Parliament. While MPs can amend Acts, they can’t do that to regulations.

If Johnson manages to get elected they will have more power to ride roughshod over Parliament than any peace time government ever and that is how they will get away with this kind of s**te.

The NHS will not be safer if we carry on privatising it, it will make it more vulnerable to American take over and with Johnsons coup complete there will be feck all anyone can do about it.

Start saving.

Oh and once again, your constant referrals to "My God" are as dim as you calling us "haters" especially when you know perfectly well Im not a Corbyn supporter.

It could, and should have probed a lot deeper. The US pharma industry which is massive charges it's own citizens four times the price it sells at here in UK. What else do they expect from privately funded healthcare? Naturally Trump doesn't address the issue that US pharma industries should reduce their prices and goes at it from totally the opposite angle by demanding UK pay more. Brexit voters will tell us they were well aware of the US wanting to charge UK more for prescribed meds....after all, they knew what they were voting for didn't they?

The FT correspondent on the US pharma industry didn't mince her words when asked what the companies were after....."higher prices and access to the NHS". Dr Andrew Hill summed it up toward the end by saying people don't realise just how high US drug prices are and everyone needs to open their eyes.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/on-demand/70263-001

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/brexit-uk-government-criticised-for-secret-trade-meetings-with-us-drugs-firms-1-5034602

Birdbrain - 2019-10-29 5:08 AM...……………. As for the NHS if you seriously believe we can carry on as we do now funding it the way we fund it your in dreamland ... It needs more private cash ... ………………….

Really? Why? Whatever the source of the money, it either has to come from borrowing or taxation and, if borrowed, it has to be repaid plus interest. Who gains from increasing the cost of a service with no qualitive improvement? Why do that?

What was stated in the program was in any case little to do with private cash, and a lot to do with making the UK pay US prices for US produced drugs. The NHS has negotiated very favourable prices on the US drugs it does buy, compared to the prices paid in the US. The US administration wants, and the UK government has been discussing, making price parity on drugs across the Atlantic a condition of any trade deal with the US. If we do not agree, then we pay elsewhere, in cash or in kind. This is being led by the big US pharmaceutical companies who, having agreed the lower prices we pay, now want Trump to use the trade deal negotiations to get them back what they freely negotiated away.

Sticking your fingers in your ears when someone says something you don't like just means you don't know what they, or subsequently you, are talking about.

Brian Kirby - 2019-10-29 3:31 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-10-29 5:08 AM...……………. As for the NHS if you seriously believe we can carry on as we do now funding it the way we fund it your in dreamland ... It needs more private cash ... ………………….

Really? Why? Whatever the source of the money, it either has to come from borrowing or taxation and, if borrowed, it has to be repaid plus interest. Who gains from increasing the cost of a service with no qualitive improvement? Why do that?

What was stated in the program was in any case little to do with private cash, and a lot to do with making the UK pay US prices for US produced drugs. The NHS has negotiated very favourable prices on the US drugs it does buy, compared to the prices paid in the US. The US administration wants, and the UK government has been discussing, making price parity on drugs across the Atlantic a condition of any trade deal with the US. If we do not agree, then we pay elsewhere, in cash or in kind. This is being led by the big US pharmaceutical companies who, having agreed the lower prices we pay, now want Trump to use the trade deal negotiations to get them back what they freely negotiated away.

Sticking your fingers in your ears when someone says something you don't like just means you don't know what they, or subsequently you, are talking about.

I thought NHS money already came from taxation and borrowing Brian ... So whats your point ???

Birdbrain - 2019-10-29 7:44 PM

I thought NHS money already came from taxation and borrowing

Not private cash then

So why did you say it needs 'more private cash'?

What we need is more £billionaires paying tax, but they would rather fund Brexit to get us out of the EU before they are required to do that under the EU wide tax-treaty.

John52 - 2019-10-29 8:01 PM

Not private cash then

What we need is more £billionaires paying tax, but they would rather fund Brexit to get us out of the EU before they are required to do that under the EU wide tax-treaty.

You really think the penny would have dropped by now wouldnt you? The truth is now pretty much hiding in plain sight but some Brexiteers are so obsessed with hanging on to their win they just cannot see it.

Not private cash then

For once your right ... Well done ... Should have said mostly from taxation and borrowing ... Actually I also forgot we could of course instantly to stop the farce that is foreign aid and gives the billions to the NHS

Barryd999 - 2019-10-30 12:00 AM

Not private cash then

You really think the penny would have dropped by now wouldnt you? The truth is now pretty much hiding in plain sight but some Brexiteers are so obsessed with hanging on to their win they just cannot see it.

Well in just about a month Barry if we've changed our minds on Brexit like you screamed about for a long time you'll get the chance to vote in a Labour Government wont ya and we all know your Gods anti-American stance and we all know his changed stance on Brexit so win-win for you and the NHS and it will also prove again how right you always are in your Septic Peg predictions because Labour really will be in power before Brexit with a monkey in charge as you preached to us all

Birdbrain - 2019-10-30 6:11 AM

Not private cash then

Well in just about a month Barry if we've changed our minds on Brexit like you screamed about for a long time you'll get the chance to vote in a Labour Government wont ya and we all know your Gods anti-American stance and we all know his changed stance on Brexit so win-win for you and the NHS and it will also prove again how right you always are in your Septic Peg predictions because Labour really will be in power before Brexit with a monkey in charge as you preached to us all

Its a general election. The clue is in the word General. If you wanted to settle Brexit we should be having a Brexit referendum not a general election. People will vote a variety of issues not just Brexit.

Why would I want a Labour government? At what point did I say I supported Labour please?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-10-30 8:47 AM

Not private cash then

Its a general election. The clue is in the word General. If you wanted to settle Brexit we should be having a Brexit referendum not a general election. People will vote a variety of issues not just Brexit.

Why would I want a Labour government? At what point did I say I supported Labour please?

So you Losers are going to be spoilt for choice at the GE B-) .............

Hmmm 48% split between Labour, LibDems, Greens, ChangeUK, SNP >:-) .........

Kinda looking like the Loser Brigade is finally screwed :D ..........

I thought NHS money already came from taxation and borrowing Brian ... So whats your point ???

Having now seen the answers already provided during my, ahem, absence, do you still want me to spell out the bleeding obvious?

Oh, all right - seeing it is to help your poor little feathered head, Tweety! :-D

Higher drug costs on the scale revealed would cause a swingeing increase in NHS costs. (You'd need to have watched the program to know this of course, but I'll excuse you as your fear of knowledge prevents you from doing this sort of thing.) To cover those increased costs would require substantially greater funding. That greater funding will result in an increase in taxation.

Even were the cost met by inviting "private cash" (whatever that may be), there will presumably be some expectation of a return on the cash, which would merely add to the overall cost, and so the eventual level of taxation required.

So, on a like for like basis, you would get the same NHS provision as at presently, but at a substantially increased cost to the public through higher taxation. Now, how is that a good thing for the NHS? Geddit?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-10-30 12:50 PM

Having now seen the answers already provided during my, ahem, absence, do you still want me to spell out the bleeding obvious?

Oh, all right - seeing it is to help your poor little feathered head, Tweety! :-D

Higher drug costs on the scale revealed would cause a swingeing increase in NHS costs. (You'd need to have watched the program to know this of course, but I'll excuse you as your fear of knowledge prevents you from doing this sort of thing.) To cover those increased costs would require substantially greater funding. That greater funding will result in an increase in taxation.

Even were the cost met by inviting "private cash" (whatever that may be), there will presumably be some expectation of a return on the cash, which would merely add to the overall cost, and so the eventual level of taxation required.

So, on a like for like basis, you would get the same NHS provision as at presently, but at a substantially increased cost to the public through higher taxation. Now, how is that a good thing for the NHS? Geddit?

Hahahahaha Brian :D ..........

Us Brexiteers can see what you Losers are doing ;-) .........

You've lost the pro EU argument......So your new boggy man is the US of A *-) ........

I wonder if Obama was still President whether our resident Loser Brigade would be so strident in their NHS Doom Mongering? >:-) .............

P1010899.JPG.b4cf511d7082e0fdc30e2eb568c8e45e.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-10-30 1:45 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-10-30 12:50 PM

Hahahahaha Brian :D ..........

Us Brexiteers can see what you Losers are doing ;-) .........

You've lost the pro EU argument......So your new boggy man is the US of A *-) ........

I wonder if Obama was still President whether our resident Loser Brigade would be so strident in their NHS Doom Mongering? >:-) .............

As usual your post is just more silly drivel and nonsense.

What's your view on Dr Hills comments, Rep Congressman Meadows, US based lawyer Tamir Amin, US pharma correspondent for FT Hannah Kuchler, and Lord Lansley for the DoH? In particular i'd like to read your opinion on Dr Hills comments.

pelmetman - 2019-10-30 10:07 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-10-30 8:47 AM

Not private cash then

So you Losers are going to be spoilt for choice at the GE B-) .............

Hmmm 48% split between Labour, LibDems, Greens, ChangeUK, SNP >:-) .........

Kinda looking like the Loser Brigade is finally screwed :D ..........

Well at least you have clearly shown why a General Election cannot settle Brexit. Only a referendum on what is actually available as final choices can do that. Of course you dont want that as your not really interested in democracy unless it goes your way.

However its also possible that the Brexit Party could end up splitting the leave vote and the Tories will just end up where we are now with a hung parliament and unable to govern or sort Brexit which is why the democratic and logical thing to have done would have been to let the people decide on the Brexit outcome and then have a general election but logic flew out of the window in 2016 it seems.

Archived