TOP GEAR

Clive

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dicky, Mike and Colin,

You've all got bits of it right, so here's my attempt at the complete story:

- Renault do NOT own Nissan. They hold 42% of Nissan shares but effectively control the management of the firm as large parts of the other 57% are held by Banks, as is common in Japan (where most of the banks are also technically bankrupt, but it would wreck the Japanese economy if anyone actually admitted it!).

- The Trafic and Master van ranges are joint ventures between Renault and GM, who own/owned the Luton factory, though most of the design work is done by Renault.

- Only the smaller Renault Trafic - Vauxhall/Opel Vivaro - Nissan Cabstar have ever been built in Luton.

- The Renault Master - Vauxhall/Opel Movano - Nissan Interstar are built at Renault's factory at Lyons.

As extra information, Renault Trucks, which also sells the Renault Master range, no longer has much to do with Renault - it is owned by Volvo Trucks which also has nothing much to do with Volvo Cars (owned by Ford). The rear wheel drive version of the Renault Master (the Renault Mascott) is sold only by Renault Trucks.

Complicated, ain't it?

Mel E

====

Brian Kirby - 2007-03-03 11:14 AM

You only missed one bit Mel!  Where is the Mascott being built?  Incidentally, I'm sure I saw a Vauxhall badged version of theis the other day.  If I wasn't mistaken, d'you also know where these hail from?

No missed two bits.

Mascott is made at SOVAB plant in Batilly near Metz, same as Master,Cabstar is made at Avila Spain not Luton.

Unlike above here's the bit I'm not 100% sure about and proboly causing the confusion, I think Traffic and Master where made at Lyon, when Traffic started being made at IBC Luton then I think Master was made at Batilly.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong about where models are made at present then look it up on Renault web site, its all there!

Right, now that's all sorted out does anybody know what time and channel Top Gear is repeated on? A couple of weeks ago we picked it up on BBC 3 on a saturday afternoon/evening. Its usually repeated on BBC 2 on Wednesdays but this week it was moved to Thursday and then they showed "the best of Top Gear" instead of last Sundays episode. I really want to see the Reliant Robin get airborne!

D.

Dave

Best way to find out when programmes are on is to go to the radio times website and do a search on that:

www.radiotimes.com

Us the SEARCH TV field on the left of the screen type in "Top Gear" and it'll come up with all the details of when the programme is on.

Regards

Mel

I want to know what you're all on about . The only caravan one I saw was having a volvo and other cars driven into it from a cliff top or should i say fired into it from a cliff top .......What's this caravan one you're all talking about.... cheers.

Michelle - It's the one were the 3 stooges took off on a caravanning holiday - made a complete pigs ear of towing the caravan- got lost and attempted a U-turn [with caravan attached] pitched up on a club site [which gave the boss men apoplexy] and eventually set fire to the van.

I thought it was hilarious, and so did a lot of other people, the club in question [CC or C&CC - can't remember??] got very pompous - and a lot of caravanners [who for some reason known only to themselves continue to rise to the bait offered by JC] [bit like 2 characters on here :-> n'est-ce pas?]

got equally uppity and whinged incessantly to all and sundry - including the BBC. JC and co - in the meantime - continue to laugh all the way to the bank.

B-)

Jacks thankyou ,

According to my hubby I've seen it apparently i called him in to watch it ?

Well all I can say is I can't remember . I know of a fish that likes to eat the bait.

I also know of one fisherman whom doesn't always (intended) on catching the fish but the fish keeps being hungry.

Swim away little fish and eat something else .

:D ;-)

Dancing on Ice, Charmed, America's Next Top Model, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Desperate Housewifes, Ugly Betty.

What's wrong with one hour of blokes tv per week for blokes?

Top Gear, the clue is in the title, Top cars that ordinary folk will never drive.

Coupled with top blokes larking about. Compo, Cleggie and co have got away with it for years.

The TG chaps are quite right about French cars, well they don't make Ferrari, Aston Martin or Porsche....

...or any decent 4x4!

Sinners - 2007-03-09 2:21 AM

Dancing on Ice, Charmed, America's Next Top Model, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Desperate Housewifes, Ugly Betty.

I hate to tell you this but not all females watch these programmes ... I can't stand them, give me a good CSI, NCIS, ER, True Crime, Location, etc any day, much more interesting.

So, back to the thread ... does anyone know when the Reliant is going to be on!!!!! (?)

so 'tis true the lunatics have taken over the asylum, given that TG manage to upset a large percentage of any population seems a bit pointless to be so hypersensitive - n'est-ce pas??

we really do need to learn where to draw the line.

B-)

Archived