Public Weighbridges

meninspex

Mike Chapman - 2007-02-28 4:21 PM

See website www.chrishodgetrucks.co.uk for weighbridges by geographic area.

That site is a good start but make sure you ring up first.

For Teesside the site lists a Stockton Council place that is no longer public. The first phone number I tried in Middlesbrough was unobtainable. Got through to the second but glad I checked the address because they had moved.

Having said that, it only cost 2 quid for gross & 2 axles (without official certificate) and we were well under so well worth the time.

Graham

Could anyone please explain what the column on the chrishodgetrucks page that for example gives "40t 12x3" means?

Its reasonably obvious the 40t means its rated up to 40 tonnes, it's that 12x3 and others like 8x2.4 and 15x2.7 that have me foxed.

Thanks some bright individual out there will I know be on the ball.

Hello Graham,

The column is weight in Tonnes and Length between first and last axle (wheelbase) and Vehicle Width in metres.

Wheelbase is used rather than vehicle length because front and rear overhang is not on most weighbridges critical to the weighbridge bed length.

On some information the number of axles may also be specified (Axle weighing and Drive Over weighbridges).

Regards,

Mike .

:-D My local quarry weighs for free so long as I do not want a certificate. Incidentally should you want a certificate it is also important to weigh each axle. Some weigh bridges do not have a flat approach or exit and so certificated axle weighing is not possible. Oh and remember like the MOT the certificate only proves the weight at that time-who knows what you might put in later. VOSA are using passive weighing devices under each wheel and so you can be weighed anywhere even with a certificate! ;-)

Archived