laserline691T alarm problem

fesspark

We have the above alarm fitted in our m,home and when we are in and the alarm is on, if anyone of us go to the cab area the alarm goes activates, How can I stop this happening,I tried to contact the fitters and the manufacturers but no one has answered me? fesspark.

Sounds like you have ultrasonic detectors in the cab area, and these will be active by default when the alarm is armed.

Most systems have the ability to arm the system but then disable those sensors, such that the vehicle can be alarmed, but occupied.

Marketing blurb indicates that it should have the ability to disable the sensors, but I can't find a manual online, so can't advise the method.

It will most likely be a specific process with the remote, once the alarm is set.

I can only find the user manual for the 690T http://www.laserlinedirect.com/docs/670T%20USER%20GUIDE.pdf

It may have a similar mode of operation.

It states:

Ultrasonic exclusion (e.g. if you want to use the alarm whilst keeping vehicle windows open);

To disable the ultrasonic sensors for one arming cycle:

? With the alarm system disarmed and the ignition in the off position;

Insert the electronic key into the receptacle twice within 2 seconds. The status LED will

illuminate briefly for each insertion of the electronic key and may be followed by one

short acoustic tone*, will indicate the exclusion of ultrasonic sensors.

? Exit the vehicle and arm the alarm with the vehicle's original radio control or insert the

electronic key and exit vehicle.

Disarming the alarm and rearming will switch the ultrasonic sensors back ON.

Disabling the ultrasonic sensors also causes the optional window closing*/comfort closing**

to be disabled.

FWIW and probably no use at all?

On our mhome Cobra alarm.

To disable the internal sensors, press the key fob a second time within about ten seconds of the first press to lock the doors.

The alarm gives a beep-beep to acknowledge the setting.

The key fob Works inside or outside the vehicle, there is a button on the dashboard, but I have not figured quite how to use it !

Rgds

Archived