Bessacarr

Graeme1998

Sorry you did not get a reply .

I can't help you other than saying our Bessacar is fantastic and i have not seen anything else that would suit us quite like Bessy.

Sorry I can not comment on yours because I don't know it ours is a E765.

good luck and I hope someone on here can help.

Guest JudgeMental

looking at some of the pictures of this model I can't help but notice that the rear wheels are nearly in the middle of the van. this large overhang must cause problems regards handling and loading.

I can only presume they build on the lighter/shorter 3200 kg chassis to save on cost. personally I think this is far to much of a compromise and would look for a 3500 kg chassis - you know, one with the wheels near enough on each corner?

Actually Judge,

Its quite a nice little unit and ours has a slight over hang being a X bus driver it's not a problem but then it wouldn't be anyway for anyone Bus or not . It follows you lovely.......

I Fought the law and the law won. :D (^)

A 55-plate E435 would have been built on a Fiat medium wheelbase (3.20m) 3400kg chassis.

The only test report I could find that might prove useful was of a prototype Swift Sundance 600S and was published in MMM July 2005. This was on the same chassis and with similar bodywork to a E435, but with the 2.0 litre motor and (I think) a different interior layout. Nevertheless, it should provide the flavour of the look-alike Bessacarr model.

(I believe this was the report that a reliable source told me Andy Stothert got into hot water over!)

Hi

We had a Bessacar 435 on a 53 plate and exchanged it last April.

The van was brilliant. We had a 2.3 which was good. The layout was sociable and you could lie in bed while the rest of the family had brekkie. The sleeping arrangements were good and could accomodate 5 at a push. 4 easily and brilliant for 2. The shower and kitchen were roomy and practical. Storage was very good but we had a roof rack and top box.

Why did we change? Don'treally know other than the fact that an insurance policy came out and we upgraded to a Chausson Allegro. We fancied a fixed bed lowprofile and swift/Bessacarr did not have a model suitable at that time.

We had Bessie for 2 and half years and travelled to Prague/ France etc with her.

We never had any problems whatsoever and would consisder a Bessacarr again.

Cant speak any highly than that can I?? Build quality is excellent.

Good luck

Archived