Truma Boiler Leaking

DJP

Truma gas only boiler has developed a leak. The water dribbles out from the external flue pipe when the pump is on. Turn pump off and no leaks.

Inlet and outlet pipes from/to the boiler are bone dry so leak is internal somewhere. I have tried to remove the boiler cover without success. I think it only clips in place and a good pull should have the lid off? Any suggestions?

DJP

This Truma document should relate to your “Ultrastore” boiler (You’ve said yours is gas-only, but that shouldn’t matter).

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/70_000/70000_94600.pdf

Given that your motorhome is 2001-vintage (and assuming that the Truma boiler is the original one) I’m afraid that the symptoms suggest that the leak is from the boiler’s water reservoir.

An exploded view drawing of an Ultrastore boiler can be found here

https://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/ww/ULTRASTORE.pdf

but your boiler probably predates this.

On-line comments suggest that removing the boiler’s circular top cover just needs a firm pull, but before attempting that I suggest you phone Truma(UK)

01283 587960

to see if they can confirm this.

Thanks for the info. The van is actually a 2010 model and the original gas/electric boiler failed in Granada 2 years ago. I could not het hold of a direct replacement so a gas only one was fitted. It is very rare we are on EHU anyway.

I have since discovered that the boiler came with a 2 year warranty and I am within warranty by 21 days!

I am hoping Truma will authorise a replacement or repair and the dealer inValencia can fit me in next week.

The original boiler also had a leak internally and was not obvious until it wouldn't work, when it was stripped down and the gas burner and igniter mounts in the boiler had corroded away.

So thanks again for you tips and help.

Archived