Mifi data information

Prento

Hi all

I’m about to get back on the road again in my rv and heading for France,Portugal,Spain and I’m looking on what is the best mifi to buy and the costings per month on data in the eu as I understand a lot of data brought here will only give you 20g or less per month in the eu,would it be better to buy unlimited data in the eu?

We got our mifi from Motorhome wifi https://www.motorhomewifi.com/product/4g-roof-antenna-e5577-mifi-save-25. Adam and Sophie are very helpful. We're currently in southern Spain and the system works superbly with tablets and smart TV.

Sim cards are a whole different ballgame!

We've got a Vodaphone sim because you can use BBC iplayer and all apps same as at home.

But..... there's a 25gb monthly cap on downloading that's around 35 hours of TV hd/sd watching.

And you have to use the sim in the UK before leaving.

Latest best buy appears to be from VOXI (no I'd never heard of them either) they are currently offering 45gb for £20 with no contract AND no data cap but a maximum of 2 consecutive months outside the UK. https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

Well worth a look.

Good luck :-D

Clive_Adams - 2020-02-07 9:11 AM

FWIW think if I am not mistaken, VOXI are part of the Vodafone group

Their website says that they use the vodaphone network but are a separate company apparently.

You only get 42 countries coverage with VOXI as against 70+ with vodaphone. Okay if you're only using the sim in Europe.

Matrix Meanderer - 2020-02-07 10:28 AM

Clive_Adams - 2020-02-07 9:11 AM

FWIW think if I am not mistaken, VOXI are part of the Vodafone group

Their website says that they use the vodaphone network but are a separate company apparently.

You only get 42 countries coverage with VOXI as against 70+ with vodaphone. Okay if you're only using the sim in Europe.

Ian From the web: VOXI is the low-cost sub-brand of the Vodafone network. As Vodafone is the underlying coverage provider for the service, customers of VOXI will get the same coverage as customers on Vodafone. At the time of writing, VOXI has 99% population coverage, including on 2G, 3G and 4G.

Archived