Motorhome service in Fife

Ralph

My experience of Perthshire Caravans is that they will not be the slightest bit interested if the van wasn't supplied by them in the first place, even if they are a main dealer for the brand in question. I have found them very good for obtaining spare parts but they will not service or repair a van if it was not bought from them - if anybody has managed to persuade them to do otherwise please let me know how you did it!!

Could it be that you tried to get work done at their busiest time i.e. at the start of the season when everyone wants a habitation check done and they gave preference to "own customers" ? I have no connection with them other than being a satisfied customer. They do seem to be growing the motorhome side of the business - as against caravans.

There is another option of a small firm just outside Cupar, forgot the name but I think I've seen them advertise in MMM.

North Road Garage, Kelty, is fully equipped for base vehicle work and MOTs

Perthshire Caravans have actually made a clear statement that they do not do work on motorhomes not purchased from them. I am not the only one to have this problem as there are several similar postings on the MHF forum. However you are right in that I have approached them several times since December and this is a busy period for them - I'll have another go later when they may be quieter. I will repeat, however, that their spares department has been more than helpful and has obtained parts for me without any problem - the only issue being that I have to fit them myself!!

Forget PC. They have attitude problems. Whilst they have a good spares section because of there customer approach is not uniform I buy elsewhere.

Took mine to Knowepark at Livingston, absolutely no problem for habitation check.

I went to a local garage in the Glenrothes area and had the service done at a bargain price. (You do not need to go to Fiat etc provided spares used are genuine manufactured part).

I also am a Fifer

Is there a spell checker on this forum?

Guest Frank Wilkinson
I don't know any service agents but if your friend need the odd barrel for carrying water, I do know where there's a wee cooper in Fife.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
sshortcircuit - 2007-03-06 7:36 PM Do you refer to the Wee Cooper in Glenrothes or to Cupar both in the KINGDOM of Fife. Knickity, Nakity, Noo the Noo

I dinna nae!

Archived