Broken Mini Heki internals

Willum

Can anyone point me towards a guide on how to restring the internals of a 16 year old mini Heki? It's on our 2003 Frankia i7000BK (yes, the POS Knaus I made the mistake of buying new has gone - and good riddance!)

The flyscreen isn't the type with the pleats and guide wires, it's on a roller and that cleaned up, flattened out, tensioned and went back together easily.

The pleated blind material itself, apart from the odd minor crease and pinhole, is fine too but the string guide tab snapped off, then when I took it off to repair that, the sliding bar to which it attaches simply snapped in half as I was brushing and rinsing out the dust and spiders under a tap!

I guess age and UV have hardened the plastic and I know the string guide tab/ears are famous for breaking off.

Major surgery with strengtheners and Araldite is in progress and I'm fairly confident of a repair but I'm left with two lengths of cord and only a vague idea of how they fit. They had both fallen out of the tabs/guides before I got the inner screen down.

Of all the guides I can find on line, none seem exactly like mine as they all seem to have springs on the ends of the cords for tension. Mine don't.

Ordering and replacing bits isn't really an option at the moment as we're taking the last opportunity to tour southern Europe for the winter (before the worst of the Brexit disaster/nonsense screws it all up)

Will

Archived