Starting problems 2003 Peugeot 2 litre Boxer

Derek Uzzell

Padlock light comes on intermitantly and then allows starting only with the emergency throttle system.

Fitted additional earth,sprayed all fuse connections and plugs and on immobiliiser in steering column. checked leads out of ECU for chafe and damp etc, etc all without any success. Want to take vehicle abroad so very annoying.

How reliable is the emergency stating system and what if that fails too?

Only solution maybe is to bypass the tamper proof solonoid on the injector pump an expensive procudure.

Now looking for an Auto Electrician in Dorset or Hampshire who will do this for me at a reasonable price.

I guess there must be cheap Boxers around with this unsolved problem at hugely knock down prices.

I contacted Autosleeper for advice but no response either!

Signed

RODNEY PATTISSON

.....................................................................................................................................................

(Rodney attached the above enquiry to a 2012 thread that has little obvious relevance. I’ve started a new thread with a revised title and removed Rodney’s original.

See also

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/2003-Peugeot-Boxer-Thatcham-2-immobiliser-problem/54265/

Derek Uzzell)

Archived