3850 or 3500?

Uncle Bulgaria

omar - 2007-06-28 12:29 PM

Hi

Can anyone confirm the Delfin Performance is to continue to be Manufactured (?) (?)

Hello Omar,

To the best of my knowledge none of the Burstner Renault based Motor Caravans are going to be built in 2008 but will continue for the following model year. It may be worth you speaking to Burstner UK Tel: 01388 537960 for the full details.

Regards,

Mike

Brian Kirby - 2007-06-27 7:04 PM

Richard

Just one point re the weights.  If you look in your brochure, you should see somewhere a statement about how these are arrived at.  There should be something approximating to a Mass in Running Order (MIRO) figure.  Assuming this is being quoted to EN 1646-2, that figure shuld be the weight of the vehicle with all standard tools, oils and coolant etc, plus driver at 75Kg, a full tank of fuel, full fresh water tank and full gas cylinders.  Water = 1Kg per litre, so that is easy enough to calculate.  If the gas locker takes 13Kg cylinders, these weigh around 28Kg each full, if made of steel. 

As you have weighed the van, you'll have to deduct these weights from your 517Kg payload, but I think your MIRO will be well into 5% over territory!  Also, is there an awning on the van yet?  Somewhere around 25Kg comes to mind, again to come off your payload if you want one and it isn't yet there.  I still think, personally, this is a bit of a borderline van for longer term use, though fine for 2/3 weeks at a time, but I wouldn't contemplate the chassis upgrade.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the continuing advice. It is very useful to this novice to make sure I understand the issues regarding payload and how it is calculated.The Knaus brochure quotes MIRO as only including tools, spare wheel (which the vehicle has), 90% fuel and 75 Kg for the driver. The brochure then lists Essential Habitation Equipment at 168 Kg (2x11 Kg gas , full water and full water heater). I am adding around 45 Kg of extras (awning, safe, alarms, cruise control) leaving 304 Kg for self, wife and our goods and chattels. This is effectively 379 Kg as I am the driver and a 75 Kg allowance is already included in the MIRO. Brenda and I clock up 180 Kg between us, leaving 199 for the rest. Not a lot, but our planned usage is regular 2-4 weeks away at a time rather than extended absence or transcontinental touring. Had a few heart-stopping days recently. The supplying dealer is located along side the River Trent and adjacent to villages that have featured in the local news with water coursing down the streets and the local cricket pitch under 3 foot of water. But, touch wood, the dealer's premises have remained above the water level. Never really thought of the water tank and waste tank as bouyancy aids!!!!!Richard.

Archived