Reversing camera microphone?

Lee1st

Hi All,

Trying to do some research into buying a reversing camera to attach to an "Avic style" multimedia satnav system (as yet unpurchased.... yet more research needed 8-) ). Many (all?) of the cameras I've found so far state that they have a built-in microphone. Do these then link up with a speaker system or am I missing an obvious point. I was only expecting a visual guide to the rear.

Anyone know of a good (cheap) supplier/installer of these items (Essex area (Holland-on-Sea))?

Thanks in advance,

Lee

It's just that most of the cameras used in these systems come with a microphone - as many TVs/monitors come with speakers. It's not of any real value unless you want to hear the screams of the person you just didn't quite spot on your monitor as you reversed . . .

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Mel E - 2007-03-08 2:31 PM It's just that most of the cameras used in these systems come with a microphone - as many TVs/monitors come with speakers. It's not of any real value unless you want to hear the screams of the person you just didn't quite spot on your monitor as you reversed . . .

I'm loathe to disagree with someone so expert but I do think they have a use. My reversing camera is set to show a few feet behind the van but only about 18 inches from the rear. It is quite handy to have my wife standing behind the 'van as I reverse it and shout "another foot" etc. into the microphone of the camera. To be fair it's not often that you need this kind of accuracy but it can come in handy now and again.

Archived