Gaslow what's wrong!

Paul Morgan

Just invested in one Gaslow bottle etc. Connected everything up, go to the BP Gas pump to fill the bottle for the first time and after about ten minutes holding the filler button in, end up with about 15pence worth of gas. Am I doing something wrong?

Paul - Worms

Hello Paul,

I had exactly the same experience a couple of years back the first time i tried to fill my gaslow bottle and the reason i only ended up putting about 15p worth of gas in was because i pressed the red filling button but let it go before pressing again, once released thats it until it re sets.

I hope this solves your problem.

RD

Hi Paul,

I wonder if you opened the gas valve before you installed the system, you should have a vacuum in the cylinder, if the valve was opened beforehand you may have just air in the cylinder.

Disconnect the outlet pipe and bleed the air out, then try again filling the system. Even with air in the cylinder I would expect you to fill with more than a few pence worth of gas.

I bled both my cylinders when I got home, until gas vapour was issuing, before connecting the regulators, just to make sure it wasn't overfilled and liquid gas was not coming out, the opposite problem to what you have.

Only other thing I can think of is, Autogas pump not delivering enough pressure, or Gaslow cylinder cut off vave stuck.

Regards Terry

You both did better than me. The first time I filled up I didn't realise you had to press a button and hold it! Disconected and reconected several times before I re read the instructions and twigged.

Don Madge posted a very good guide to using both types of filling pump, but I can't find it currently, perhaps when he returns from his jaunt he could find it or repost it, unless someone else knows where it is?

Bas

• 1 month later...

Archived