Peugeot Headlights

Peter42

Hi all,

I have just purchased a new Motorhome on a 2006 Boxer chassis. Does anyone know the item number of the Peugeot Headlight protector, which shows the postition that continental beam deflectors should be affixed? Do Peugeot still sell them. All help is appreciated. :-|

Am interste din this thread as I have a new FIAT motorhome on order.

The link above takes you to a site which appears to only cover the 'old' version headlamps, not the new high-level set.

The original question - I think - relates to the plastic headlamp protectors, so are these in fact available for the new shape Fiat/Pegeut front?

I spoke with my supplying drealers for the new vehicle about the 'beam benders' which you apply to the front lens, and he said its really a bit hit and miss as to where you put them, and some can be difficult to remove.

On my present 2002 Fiat front, not only are they easy to set up, but the ones I have been unsing for 5 yrs or so were from Halfords, (Lucas product I think) and are eaisily removable and can be re-used year after year. Does anyone know if these are available for the new shape lights??

Hi Keith,

Had the same problem with the mk2 plastic headlamp beam converters back in 2003 - Where do you place them, as the position was not covered in the very comprehensive leaflet supplied.

I phoned the contact number on the leaflet, explained there was no Peugeot 2003 diagram but a Fiat which looked the same. Aparently, he borrows a vehicle, takes it into his workshop and using a MOT headlamp alignment type test rig, designs the shape and placement needed on the lense to cut off the dipped light overspill.

I have looked at a newer version of the leaflet but no contact phone number, there is a web page which you could use the contact us email address http://www.travel-spot.co.uk/index.htm .

I read somewhere you can find the beam deflector position yourself, by positioning the front of the vehicle near a wall/garage door headlamps on dip etc.. and positioning a piece of cut to shape cardboard over the lense, moving it around until the light overspill is obscured, marking and using that position to afix the deflectors.

Alternatively - the leaflet supplied with the deflectors, gives Dummy examples of Deflector positions, relative to the type of bulb and reflectors fitted to the vehicle headlamps.

Regards Terry

Hi Terry

Thanks for this. I've e-mailed the company and will swee what they have to say. It may be that the best answer is actually for purchase the headlamp protectors, and I guess the cost of replacement of the glass/plastic could be quite high in the event of stone chipping!

Hi all,

Terry, I looked at the link you provided but am not convinced that the protectors they sell are the right ones. The picture on their website is fairly small and I could not really compare a print-out with my headlamps. However, I have a Peugeot dealer not far from where I live, so will try there. Thank you and every one who has 'posted' for their help.

Peter 8-)

Hi Peter,

The web site http://tinyurl.com/2wws7j is for the Peugeot 2002 until the 2006, if you have the Peugeot with the headlamps high up just under the windscreen then - no these are not the ones you want.

The pictures with the protectors are incorrect, the heading on the advert clearly states 'Boxer Mk2 02 on' which is wrong as the model has just changed again !

The difference in the two prices, reflects the cost of a bit of black tape and the position it should be afixed etched on the lense.

One pair is described as a protector the other pair described as a protector/converter, they are physically the same dimensions and shape.

Regards Terry

Terry - I e-mailed the Company you quoted in your earlier post, and found them most helpful. ince I get my new van they suggest I send a e-photo of teh headlamps and they'll check out the beam deflectors, which they can supply, or else can be obtained from the likes of Halfords. Apparantly they come with universal fitting instructions whcih should include the new FIAT/Peugeot cab. TYhanks for this info, I've retained it for future use.

Archived