Sat navs best buys

passionwagon

8-) Hey folks have you seen this week's March 7 copy of Auto Express. They have a mega test of these and make various recommendations. Then go to your library and see March WHICH consumer magazine for theiir mega mega test. Would you believe it they both recommend different models!!! Also our MH friends' advise is totally different. How about that. However very interesting reading and is helpful. :-|

Guest JudgeMental
passionwagon - 2007-03-08 7:22 PM

8-) Hey folks have you seen this week's March 7 copy of Auto Express. They have a mega test of these and make various recommendations.

And what where the winners/recommendations?

you are such a tease!

Auto - Express

Verdict:

For a full-spec machine, go for the Acer. It is our choice for those who have no need for a camera locator although, if you do not require a Bluetooth hands-free facility, the TomTom One is a good alternative. For an effective but cheap sat-nav, it’s hard to ignore the Navman F20. If you want to invest in a speed-trap locator, check out the reasonably priced yet high-spec combination unit from Shinco. Should your budget not stretch that far, the AA Vive is a good alternative.

STANDARD

1. Acer P630

2. TomTom One V2

3. Navman F20

COMBINATION

1 Shinco GM350S

2. AA Vive

3 Garmin nüvi 610T

For full results follow the link below

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/206909/portable_satnavs.html

Hi all, I had a navman ic510 for a few years, then made the mistake of buying a tomtom Go910, total rubish. It was at a knock down price, and I can understand why, most of the kit one will never use, and i find the tom tom site a bit misleading, a bit like tomtom realy.

terry

Diesel Dan - 2007-03-08 9:20 PM

Auto - Express

Verdict:

STANDARD

1. Acer P630

2. TomTom One V2

3. Navman F20

COMBINATION

1 Shinco GM350S

2. AA Vive

3 Garmin nüvi 610T

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/206909/portable_satnavs.html

I narrowed my choice between the Tom Tom 710 & the Navman F20, prefering the 710's capability (although I admit it is more bulky.

I would have to question their verdict. regarding inclusion of the Tom Tom One

for a few extra ££££'s the Tom Tom 710 includes European mapping to the street level (purchasing the Tom Tom One and then having to buy the European upgrade will cost far in excess of the Tom Tom 710) and it also includes Speed Camera locations.

Don't have any knowledge about the Acer, but if it is the same company that produce PC's & Laptops they are usually aimed at the cheaper end of the market & it is regularly reflected in their lower specification.

Flicka

My daughter never got the chance to activate her Tom Tom 510go Dont ask is there away around this or will we have to send it back?

Also because of this she say's it never came up on screen and asked her we can not use the phone part she say's she cant write messages can't use her in box

can't use traffic updates the button fell off the back the docking button around two days after she had it . So so far we are not doing so well.

has anyone experience of this company can any one help ?

Whats for the best ?.

Archived