Playing Media in Boxer

bristol170kj

We have a 2014 Autosleeper on a Peugeot Boxer Panel Van (Kingham). Until recently we have taken music with us on an old Apple music thingy. Like an iPhone but not a phone (can't remember what they are called?)

It was plugged into the USB port in the van and when "Media" was selected played music and albums were selectable via the steering controls.

It's now given up the ghost (it's got to be 10 years old) and I want to hook up my phone to the van instead, but it refuses to connect and the van simply says "no media". If I copy a couple of songs to a USB stick and insert that in the van then music is played. So it seems as if the vehicle doesn't recognise Android as a media player. My car plays the music from the phone quite happily.

Does anyone know if there is a work around to play Android stored music in my van in the same way my old Apple device once did??

TIA

Keith

It might help you to get more accurate advice if you say what radio or media system is installed in your Boxer.

I have the Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen factory VP2 (uConnect Nav) in my Ducato. I can play music from a USB stick connected to the multimedia USB port as you describe, but to play music from my phone it has to be paired and connected to the radio via bluetooth.

When paired, it connects automatically whenever the radio is on. Selecting "Phone" on the radio presents calling and message options and selecting "Media" allows the phone to be chosen as one of the media input sources.

Deneb - 2020-04-16 1:26 PM

It might help you to get more accurate advice if you say what radio or media system is installed in your Boxer.

I have the Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen factory VP2 (uConnect Nav) in my Ducato. I can play music from a USB stick connected to the multimedia USB port as you describe, but to play music from my phone it has to be paired and connected to the radio via bluetooth.

When paired, it connects automatically whenever the radio is on. Selecting "Phone" on the radio presents calling and message options and selecting "Media" allows the phone to be chosen as one of the media input sources.

Thanks, Mine is the more basic factory fitted radio (2013/2014 - not sure when the media centre was upgraded). As far as I can see the model is neither quoted on the facia or the manual. The USB port is separate and located in the centre large drop down 'drawer/box'.

The phone connected to the USB will also connect via Bluetooth but appears to be for phone connection only and cannot be coaxed into playing music.

Regards

bristol170kj - 2020-04-16 1:58 PM

Thanks, Mine is the more basic factory fitted radio (2013/2014 - not sure when the media centre was upgraded). As far as I can see the model is neither quoted on the facia or the manual. The USB port is separate and located in the centre large drop down 'drawer/box'.

The phone connected to the USB will also connect via Bluetooth but appears to be for phone connection only and cannot be coaxed into playing music.

Regards

Do you have a mini-jack socket (AUX) alongside the USB port in the glovebox?

If so, connecting the headphone socket on your phone to the mini-jack socket in the van with an appropriate cable ought to let you play music from your phone, but you will have to use your phone controls to play it as the radio can't control devices connected to the AUX input.

We had just the same thing. With no cd player installed I bought a Phillips MP4 player. This plays well in my Peugeot car and my sons Ford but I get the no media message in our Boxer. The memory stick/USB works fine but transferring the cd's is a bit of a faff. You can get a Peugeot radio with cd but it is about a £1000 plus vat -no thanks. You can play through the aux socket but you lose the steering wheel controls.

Archived