Wind-out campervan awnings

Jacksan

Hi there, I'm a new member to this forum site and I was wondering as to whether anybody has had any experience the Thule Omnistor 4900 wind-out awning. Apparently these wind-out awnings are light enough to fix into a multi-rail, (with the aid of an additional bracket), and can be easily removed. I have a VW T6 with a pop-up roof and which has multi-rails fitted on both sides which I use for a driveaway awning/tent. I never really liked the idea of having a Wind-out awning permanently fixed onto the van but if this Thule awning can be easily removed, then I may go for it as it may be quick and convenient for overnight stays. Does anyone know if they are any good and just how easily they can be fitted and removed?

Hi and welcome, l have a Thule Omnistor 4900 awning on my van, as with all Thule products l think there excellant, no problems with it, good quality, well made and spares are available. Mine is 3.6 metre long and l fitted it myself, but l dont think l would like to be removing it every time l got home. ( It is heavy.) For a VW T6 l would presume you would be looking at a 2 metre version which obviously wont be as heavy but l still wouldn't want to keep removing the small screws that hold it into the bracket.

Archived