Ducato MY2019 cruise control stalk

Steve928

Could some kind soul enlighten me as to the 2 positions on my cruise control stalk (pictured), please?

It's not covered in the supplied manual which refers to a simple ON/OFF control, as I've had previously.

I guess that rotating the stalk forward is the equivalent of cruise control ON but I've no idea what the second icon (rotating it towards the rear) does. Under normal circumstance I'd just head out and try it of course..

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG.64e16fb8c6d68538782cc59dd1d484e9.JPG

The "up" setting is cruise control, the "down" is the speed limiter.

If you use the "down" position you should see a message "SLD connected" (or similar).

When on, you can't accelerate through the set speed without a "kick down" action on the accelerator.

Desired speed setting, and toggle off/on (cancel/resume) when selected are the same actions for both cruise and limiter (set as appropriate).

SLDsmall.jpg.ba76bad4cc9a5f22666b005ec3c8d4d9.jpg

The 2017 Fiat Ducato Owner Handbook has a “speed limiter” entry in the index, but (as will be evident from Robinhood’s attachment) the drawing of the stalk differs slightly from your photo.

In fact, I think the stalk for every Ducato with the speed-limiter function looks like yours, as my 2015 Ducato’s stalk is exactly the same as in your photo.

(I never use it...)

I'm surprised it isn't in your manual - the extract from mine (where it immediately follows the description of cruise control) is now attached to my original replyabove.

I tend to use the speed limiting function of all my vehicles most of the time - whilst on the Ducato it won't prevent exceeding the set speed, particularly if heading downhill. It will, however, prevent inadvertently accelerating beyond a speed limit.

No, definitely nothing relating to a speed limiter anywhere in my (undated) Ducato manual. The item following cruise control (pictured) is 'roof lights'.

It seems to be a fairly recent manual and covers hill holder, hill descent, traction plus, ASR etc. but not a speed limiter.

I'll need to hunt down a more relevant copy clearly.

Capture.thumb.JPG.3a9bf4bdf6b38c937e81aa58aa5d0065.JPG

Steve,

Fiat Manual dates are normally shown about a couple of pages from the end, after the index, in year/month and edition form. (And I have to say, the picture you show is unlike any recent format I've seen!)

They are downloadable here:

http://aftersales.fiat.com/elum/Home.aspx?brand_code=77&id_language=2

However, whilst this used to be a free-for-all link, it might be that you now need to sign up to the various FIAT sites now to get access. Historically, I did that, and can still get it to work.

It allows selection by build year/month, or even by VIN number.

If you struggle to get signed up, then if you PM me your VIN number, I'll try to get you the relevant manual in electronic form and send you a link to it.

Apologies for the late reply - that worked fine and I was able to log in using my Fiat Camper Assist login details.

Correct vehicle identified using the VIN and the correct 290 Camper owner's handbook downloaded - excellent, thank you.

Archived