Calais shopping

teccer1234

jumpstart - 2020-05-05 10:38 AM

How come you are not in lockdown?

yes Spain is on lockdown but anytime during the lockdown we could have travelled back to the UK at anytime by just showing my tunnel ticket to the Guardia/Police in Spain. (this information is from my neighbour, the chief of police of Murcia) and using a form (ATTESTATION DE DÉPLACEMENT DÉROGATOIRE) in France but the way things were going in the UK we decided to stay a bit longer to see how things were working out, now things are dropping here and in the UK we've decided to return home plus it's too dam hot here now for me.

we do have a motorhome but out here we live in a villa away from people so we've been isolated for the last 8 weeks except for shopping every 2 weeks .

We have used Auchan for a few years now but our last trip (Febrary) home our M/H was the only one on the carpark, which was unusual then we found out why. As we were about to go into the main shop, there were 4 black immigrants looking at climbing underneath and also getting on bike rack. There were approx. 20 on the carpark that we could see.I left wife to shop and went back and they dispersed but kept coming past and tried to get on and under van again.I started the engine as if to drive off and they backed off again.Its the ist time we have had any bother and of course no sign of a policeman.This was midday in broad daylight..Of course this may be all sorted now with all the lockdowns etc, but just be aware.

Yorkyrunner - 2020-05-05 8:10 PM

We have used Auchan for a few years now but our last trip (Febrary) home our M/H was the only one on the carpark, which was unusual then we found out why. As we were about to go into the main shop, there were 4 black immigrants looking at climbing underneath and also getting on bike rack. There were approx. 20 on the carpark that we could see.I left wife to shop and went back and they dispersed but kept coming past and tried to get on and under van again.I started the engine as if to drive off and they backed off again.Its the ist time we have had any bother and of course no sign of a policeman.This was midday in broad daylight..Of course this may be all sorted now with all the lockdowns etc, but just be aware.

thanks for the heads up, we'll be carefull but saying that after 25 years of EU motorhoming we never both leave the van to go shopping, one thing I have noticed since we changed to using the tunnel from the ferries is that the van has never been searched since using the tunnel but when we used to use the ferry we were always made to open the back garage and sometimes also checked inside the van even a mirror looking under the van, I wonder why the difference?

I remember once a custom guy came into the van and asked do you have any knives on board, ????knives in a camper, never, we just tear our food by hand :-D

Archived