The truth will out........

Guest pelmetman

Italy, Lombardy, Italy, Lombardy.

You cannot reason without comparisons with reality you don't know.

Just propaganda.

Look in your home that some sad reflection should suggest it to you.

Italy: out of a total of 9000+ intensive care places available has gone from 4098 occupied to less than 1300.

Lombardy: today there are 330 hospitalized in intensive care against the 1400.

Total hospitalized patients (not in intensive care) fallen from 29,000 to 19,000.

Both far from peaks and an indication of how the health structure is less under stress.

All trends are confortable.

Maybe you know the equivalent English numbers but I don't see published how many hospitalized you have.

Something to keep hidden?

And as for the dead, the number is similar but the time interval is very different.

Late February vs mid-March.

BTW your deep culture has certainly allowed you to know that Italy is divided into regions.

Who have the responsibility of the Health Service.

You will also know that most regions have a right-wing government.

Lombardy in particular is a feud of the right for twenty years.

If there was any problem now you know who we will blame.

You ?

Max

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-05-10 11:06 AM

You ?

Max

The EU from what I've been reading :D .........

Will Italxit be the Nexit? B-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-05-10 12:11 PM

You ?

Max

Troubles brewing ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1280209/EU-crisis-Brussels-exit-referendum-coronavirus-response-German-court-ruling ... If the wets hadn't whinged and hated for so long we'd be well shut by now ... Silly sausages

You ?

Max

At the time of the peak, when right-wing Lombardy Health Service was close to collapse, in the context of European cooperation Germany took on the task of helping us by accepting a good number of Italian critical sicks.

I have no precise data but, even with lower numbers, I understand that the same happened with France and Austria.

Countries obviously with reasonable distances from Italy.

If that's not enough, Germany and France have helped us with PPE and ventilators.

Needless to say, important aid has come from many countries, a sign that our fair foreign politics has earned some signs of gratitude.

Yours ?

Think about your dramatic situation and stop it, you are simply cloying.

In addition to ignorant (in the sense that you ignore).

I repeat, do not worry about the state of the European Community from which you are now out, your choice.

Long-sighted or not, the future will tell you.

Rather, worry about your infections rate, in Western Europe only lower than Swedish one. Or wait for herb immunity.

Max

In Greece and Spain I can't tell you.

But in Italy you don't hear about it.

Also because in Italy it is not so simple.

We are not in Switzerland where they hold a referendum every month.

500,000 signatures must be collected, then the request must pass the admissibility test by our Supreme Court.

I am not an expert but I have doubts that a referendum may concern international treaties (Article 75 of our Constitution).

For the record, the latest polls done on the issue spoke of 65% in and 35% out.

For now, is it enough for you or do you continue to read only twitter and partisan press ?

Max

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-05-10 12:48 PM

You ?

Max

At the time of the peak, when right-wing Lombardy Health Service was close to collapse, in the context of European cooperation Germany took on the task of helping us by accepting a good number of Italian critical sicks.

I have no precise data but, even with lower numbers, I understand that the same happened with France and Austria.

Countries obviously with reasonable distances from Italy.

If that's not enough, Germany and France have helped us with PPE and ventilators.

Needless to say, important aid has come from many countries, a sign that our fair foreign politics has earned some signs of gratitude.

Yours ?

Think about your dramatic situation and stop it, you are simply cloying.

In addition to ignorant (in the sense that you ignore).

I repeat, do not worry about the state of the European Community from which you are now out, your choice.

Long-sighted or not, the future will tell you.

Rather, worry about your infections rate, in Western Europe only lower than Swedish one. Or wait for herb immunity.

Max

Parsley or Sage? :D .........

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-05-10 1:08 PM

500,000 signatures must be collected, then the request must pass the admissibility test by our Supreme Court.

I am not an expert but I have doubts that a referendum may concern international treaties (Article 75 of our Constitution).

For now, is it enough for you or do you continue to read only twitter and partisan press ?

Max

Our polls showed a easy win for Remain for years ;-) .........

Which is why Cameron thought he'd get away with asking the question :D ..........

When we make a success of leaving the EU........do you think that will increase or decrease the appetite for Italxit (?) ........

Best ask the question sooner than later I reckon B-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-10 9:54 AM

From the new Remoaner Rag......the Daily Mail >:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8303639/DAN-HODGES-dont-worst-Covid-19-death-rate-Europe-wicked-pretend-do.html

But all he delivers is assertion. He attempts to discredit the Italian health system, citing the experience of Lombardy, which is not Italy, then selectively adds in Spain, while claiming that the UK's figures include people who died outside hospitals (in which they are not consistent) to pull his comfort blanket over his head. Then, from under his comfort blanket, he (reasonably) discredits everyone's figures as incomparable, but totally fails to prove his own point.

Clever people these journalists aren't they? Get paid for a couple of thousand completely inconclusive words!

Then Dave, fresh from being told for at least the fourth time that comparisons are meaningless because the figures are incomparable, posts a link to an article by this journalist (described as "the right's useful idiot" when he started writing for the Telegraph), claiming that because the figures are inherently incomparable they can't prove the UK's Covid death total is Europe's highest, while relying on those self-same figures to prove the opposite! Yer, right Sherlock!! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-05-10 4:19 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-10 9:54 AM

From the new Remoaner Rag......the Daily Mail >:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8303639/DAN-HODGES-dont-worst-Covid-19-death-rate-Europe-wicked-pretend-do.html

But all he delivers is assertion. He attempts to discredit the Italian health system, citing the experience of Lombardy, which is not Italy, then selectively adds in Spain, while claiming that the UK's figures include people who died outside hospitals (in which they are not consistent) to pull his comfort blanket over his head. Then, from under his comfort blanket, he (reasonably) discredits everyone's figures as incomparable, but totally fails to prove his own point.

Clever people these journalists aren't they? Get paid for a couple of thousand completely inconclusive words!

Then Dave, fresh from being told for at least the fourth time that comparisons are meaningless because the figures are incomparable, posts a link to an article by this journalist (described as "the right's useful idiot" when he started writing for the Telegraph), claiming that because the figures are inherently incomparable they can't prove the UK's Covid death total is Europe's highest, while relying on those self-same figures to prove the opposite! Yer, right Sherlock!! :-D

Aaah I see ;-) ...........

It's OK for unreliable figures to be used against the UK..........But not against EU countries :-| ........

Well you Losers did start it didn't you? *-) .........

Max

Dave is desperate Max for Italy or some other country in Europe to also exit the EU. They are also desperate for the EU itself to collapse in our wake. I think its some kind of Mad Hatter logic that if a few other countries go down the pan as well or the entire EU implodes they wont look so daft when Britain goes it alone and sinks beneath the waves.

I have never seen a poll on exiting the EU from any country that comes close to the polls we had here pre referendum. Then again as we saw here, all it takes is for a few con men and charlatans to get to the top and for the press to get onside and they can achieve anything. Please dont let this happen in Italy.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-11 11:54 AM

Max

Dave is desperate Max for Italy or some other country in Europe to also exit the EU. They are also desperate for the EU itself to collapse in our wake. I think its some kind of Mad Hatter logic that if a few other countries go down the pan as well or the entire EU implodes they wont look so daft when Britain goes it alone and sinks beneath the waves.

I have never seen a poll on exiting the EU from any country that comes close to the polls we had here pre referendum. Then again as we saw here, all it takes is for a few con men and charlatans to get to the top and for the press to get onside and they can achieve anything. Please dont let this happen in Italy.

"I think its some kind of Mad Hatter logic that if a few other countries go down the pan as well or the entire EU implodes they wont look so daft when Britain goes it alone and sinks beneath the waves."

You've just highlighted why the EU is so petrified of us succeeding >:-) ............

Max

Open your eyes ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1268467/eu-news-Italy-eu-membership-euroscepticism-poll-italiexit-latest ... As for "con men" aren't you the conman that tried to say Sir Nigel was in the NF and that a young man in an NF photo was him ??? ... Hypocrisy and hate aint a pretty sight

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-05-11 12:13 PM

Max

Open your eyes ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1268467/eu-news-Italy-eu-membership-euroscepticism-poll-italiexit-latest ... As for "con men" aren't you the conman that tried to say Sir Nigel was in the NF and that a young man in an NF photo was him ??? ... Hypocrisy and hate aint a pretty sight

Perhaps when this is over us Brexiteers should go to Italy to do missionary work and spread the gospel >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 12:27 PM

Max

Perhaps when this is over us Brexiteers should go to Italy to do missionary work and spread the gospel >:-) .........

1000 Italian polled. Ah, Ah, Ah.

Where ? in the den of Lega ?

Good example of statistical validity.

Dont' worry, we are quite protected.

Blue passports will have to wait days at French, Belgian, Luxembourg, French again, German, Austrian borders.

Evangelical sects do not take hold of us.and we will accept only those with burgundy passports.

Max

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-05-11 1:11 PM

Max

Blue passports will have to wait days at French, Belgian, Luxembourg, French again, German, Austrian borders.

Evangelical sects do not take hold of us.and we will accept only those with burgundy passports.

Max

So Italy will be reinstating border controls in the EU? 8-) .........

Looks like you'll be already half out if you do :D .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 2:33 PM

Max

Max

Likely only for Brits holding blue passport. Thinking about king Trump's subjects.

Max

Max

Ignore anything from that Publication Max. Its simply not a trustworthy source of news. Its a Brexiteers comic.

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-05-11 2:56 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-11 2:33 PM

Max

Max

Likely only for Brits holding blue passport. Thinking about king Trump's subjects.

So in order for you to stop our Blue passports you will need to reinstate border control? :D .........

Archived