Storage lockdown woes.

yorkist

As things are easing a little thought I would phone our storage to see if it was open

( she never answers the phone by the way, just via messaging ) got the answer due to government guidelines

no access possible until further notice. Are all storage compounds taking the same view?

We were a bit upset at the start of all this as just before lockdown we replaced our cab battery, so went down to plug our

solar trickle charger in to keep it charged, only to find the gates locked with no prior warning. hope it's ok when we do manage

to get it charged up, cos they aren't cheap.

yorkist - 2020-05-14 1:54 PM

As things are easing a little thought I would phone our storage to see if it was open

( she never answers the phone by the way, just via messaging ) got the answer due to government guidelines

no access possible until further notice. Are all storage compounds taking the same view?

We were a bit upset at the start of all this as just before lockdown we replaced our cab battery, so went down to plug our

solar trickle charger in to keep it charged, only to find the gates locked with no prior warning. hope it's ok when we do manage

to get it charged up, cos they aren't cheap.

There has been no change to the restrictions on businesses and venues, other than those explicitly now permitted under the amended regulations. The only businesses now permitted to open that were previously prevented from doing so are:

(a)banks,

(b)building societies,

©credit unions,

(d)short term loan providers,

(e)savings clubs,

(f)cash points, and

(g)undertakings which by way of business operate currency exchange offices, transmit money (or any representation of money) by any means or cash cheques which are made payable to customers.

(h)garden centres

(i) outdoor sports courts

(taken directly from the marked amendments inserted into the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020)

Our storage as always been open for us to inspect vans but with a limit to how many people at one time and it's been necessary to book your visit and always to be aware social distancing.

IBecause it's now possible to drive to a destination as long as you return that day, I'm going to take the van for a good run out tomorrow.

We’re on a Cassoa site within a CAMC Site and received this, this morning:

Dear Storage Member,

In light of the recent announcements by the government and its three step plan to re-open the country from the Covid-19 Lockdown we want to update you on the Clubs position regarding access to outfits in storage compounds on our site network.

The Club sites will remain closed in line with government guidelines, this also includes our storage areas, which form part of our sites. Whilst we appreciate this may cause some frustration and concerns, we have to ensure that we comply with the current legislation. You may wish to contact your current insurance provider and make them aware of this situation.

Our site staff are currently furloughed to protect the Club for the future, which means they are not currently working and are unable to grant access to the storage area. Whilst we will do all we can to accommodate key worker requests, these will also need to be reviewed on an individual basis.

Whilst this is not the news you were hoping for I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued understanding and support and we look forward to welcoming you back to our sites soon.

Although I understand their point of view, access to the site and compound is by contactless fobs and automated barriers so I don’t believe it would be an issue. Sadly it’s only 10 minutes away (so close yet so far) and there is loads I could have been doing over the last weeks

Archived