m,home insurance value?

fesspark

I am insured with Comfort and thought my renewal premium was reasonable until I went on the search of this forum,I have just had a quote from caravan guard and was surprised to see that it was for the same cover at about £100 less,Any advice on c,guard ,s

reliability? , fesspark

Hi fesspark

I insure with Scenic part of Swindon underwritten by Axa MH’s

We pay £200.00 for our 66 reg Cathago Malibu.

Been with them for sometime with no problems and decent to talk to.

As with most insurance policies you end up comparing apples with oranges.

I'm with Comfort and the last time I looked at others there was less cover in a number of areas, one of the main ones for me was windscreen coverage, as I have an A class they didn't cover the full cost of replacement as Comfort do.

Been with Caravan Guard for over 10 years. Good level of cover including Breakdown/Recovery. When we changed our van last August, they changed the insurance over without any charge, not even an 'Administration Fee'. Importantly, when I had a claim in 2014 they were very good and agreed it quickly and without quibble.

FD

I have just changed from Caravan Guard to caravan Club insurers, I saw them at the NEC and couldnt believe they were £100 cheaper for identical cover. This was confirmed in April and I changed, I had a phone call from Caravan Guard this week who asked me why?

Keep well and safe

Bob

Does your C&MC insurance include breakdown and recovery? When I've compared their price against Caravan Guard in the past the C&MC has, at first, worked out cheaper but when you add on the cost of their recovery (included in Caravan Guard's price) it made it more expensive.

FD

Guess its caravan Guard for me this year, It must be my age as I have 63 yrs clean licence,. Scenic Den,s insurer quoted me over £700 yesterday.Mine is £350 inc breakdown legal liability insurance and some other addon. so I am happy with that, fesspark

fesspark - 2020-05-15 6:44 PM

I am insured with Comfort and thought my renewal premium was reasonable until I went on the search of this forum,I have just had a quote from caravan guard and was surprised to see that it was for the same cover at about £100 less,Any advice on c,guard ,s

reliability? , fesspark

I changd from Comfort to Caravan Guard last year, and when I received my renewal this month was actually £3... yes three pounds more than last years....in the end I realised that the mileage for this year could be reduced, and also the value of the camping car and saved £30 on the renewal...as a matter if interested I always check a few others, but found Comfort way more expensive,

Archived