AT ferries have finally closed their Bilbao route!

chris

Had a letter from CCC club today to say that AT ferries will not be returning to Portsmouth after April. Phoned at 11.30am and no alternative crossing available for my dates. CCC said we will get full refund so lookks like it will be back to Norfolkline again!

As we are travelling July August it is difficult to get a long crossing now and no way are we going to pay Brittany ferries prices!

Chris

chris - 2007-03-10 3:09 PM Had a letter from CCC club today to say that AT ferries will not be returning to Portsmouth after April. Phoned at 11.30am and no alternative crossing available for my dates. CCC said we will get full refund so lookks like it will be back to Norfolkline again! As we are travelling July August it is difficult to get a long crossing now and no way are we going to pay Brittany ferries prices! Chris

Chris

Have you considered Newhaven-Dieppe, Transmanche Ferries?  Closer to you than Dover, and will save you quite a drive on the other side as well.  Can't get them through CC or CCC, but the website is www.transmancheferries.com  4 hours crossing, about 4 per day.  At £140 return (6M motorhome under 3M high + 2 adults - out Early April, return Mid June), it's more expensive than Do-Cal etc, but quite a bit less then Ports-Bil.  New ships 2006, and the food ain't bad either! 

Come off the M25 at the M23 junc, follow that + A23 to Bringhton, pick up A27 dual carriageway Eastbound at Northern outskirts of Brighton, follow A27 past Lewes to junc with A26, then South to Newhaven.

Thanks Brian

Just taken a look and can do crossing on same dates at £265/£285 return.

Thrown into turmoil as to decide where to go now. France East/West, Germany? etc.

Looking at Feb 2006 report in MMM on different ferries too. Doesn't seem to be any recent articles on ferry crossing and it seems that is in next months MMM which is a bit late for me then.

Open minded at present and researching

Thanks Brian

Archived