cruise control

cej

hi all, i have recently bought a new 06 reg motorhome and would like to fit a cruise control system. i used to have a cable control cruise by conrad anderson which was brilliant but alas it will not fit the 06 ducato 2.3td which is fly by wire. has anyone any recommendations for types of cruise, and suppliers, fitters etc, i am a auto electrician ,retired, and so a self fit system would be even better. thanks to all colin

Its is possible to fit a cruise control to any vehicle - even fly by wire vehicles.

The best way (although not always possible) is to get the OEM cruise control option bits fitted retrospectively by your dealer to your MH. If this is not possible then any of the cable systems can be made to work. All the cable has to do is operate the throttle pedal. Even if this only operates an electrical potentiometer on a fly by wire system the accelerator pedal remains the prime mover. I did this for my wife,s car and I am sure that Conrad Anderson,s previous Engineer Dave Newell who now works for himself, and his wife, kids and Dexter the dog, would love to do it for you!

Hopefully he will pop us shortly.

Archived