The Romans ...

Birdbrain

... 10 minutes away we have Roman Avenue and Roman Way ... Im offended that roads are named after those who used slaves ... How do I go about asking my council for the road names to be changed ??? ... Do I go the legal route which might take time and money or can I just remove the road signs and throw out the racists living on those roads who obviously support slavery without any fear of police action as we've seen up and down the land ??? ... Im a white Tory voting male if that might make a difference to how I am dealt with

Birdbrain - 2020-06-10 6:28 AM

... 10 minutes away we have Roman Avenue and Roman Way ... Im offended that roads are named after those who used slaves ... How do I go about asking my council for the road names to be changed ??? ... Do I go the legal route which might take time and money or can I just remove the road signs and throw out the racists living on those roads who obviously support slavery without any fear of police action as we've seen up and down the land ??? ... Im a white Tory voting male if that might make a difference to how I am dealt with

How do you know the roads were not named after some bloke called "Roman" eh rather than the actual racist Romans? I have a very good friend in London called "Roman". White Tory Male huh? Shamer.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-10 8:28 AM

How do you know the roads were not named after some bloke called "Roman" eh rather than the actual racist Romans? I have a very good friend in London called "Roman". White Tory Male huh? Shamer.

Yeah........They might be named after Roman Polanski 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-06-10 9:08 AM

Yeah........They might be named after Roman Polanski 8-) ........

Well he always was a bit of a serial shagger with a thing for young girls.

I dont have to know that ... They simply offend me and I am linking them to slavery so I want them gone and those racists who live in the houses there that obviously support slavery ... Can I just eject them with no police comeback ???

Im offended by racist Diane Abbots portrait that hangs in The House of Commons ... The racist who said " London shouldn't have another white middle aged Mayor" ... "Blonde , blue eyed Finnish girls are unsuitable as nurses" ... "White people love playing divide and rule" etc etc ... I want the portrait removed and anyone who disagrees is a racist , sorry a "Raciiiiiiiiiist"

Do you wish to change the name of roads named after who taught you to do them ?

And probably also taught you to write its name on road signs ?

Funny.

Do you really think druids have had no slaves?

Who raised Stonehenge's menhirs?

Max

I forgot to say that among the Romans that you would like to erase pederasty was socially accepted behavior.

Of course, being strong males, only the "active" and not "passive" one.

Not like Caesar who, accordingly to Cicero and Suetonius, was 'husband to all wives and wife to all husbands'.

Or if you prefer, as his soldiers sang:

"All the Gauls did Caesar vanquish, Nicomedes vanquished him".

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-06-10 12:17 PM

I forgot to say that among the Romans that you would like to erase pederasty was socially accepted behavior.

Not like Caesar who, accordingly to Cicero and Suetonius, was 'husband to all wives and wife to all husbands'.

You're not selling your ancestors virtues very well :D ..........

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 8:33 AM

I already said that I have Celtic origins.

Then it depends on who the customer is ...

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-06-11 9:16 AM

So you don't have any Ceaser connections? ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 3:53 PM

I don't.

You ?

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-06-11 4:12 PM

I don't.

You ?

Dunno ;-) .......

Never bothered going past being 2 parts English (Norf & Souf of the river), 1 part Scottish and 1 part Welsh :D .......

I'm Me and as long as me and er in doors is happy B-) .......

I don't give a toss about you funny foriegn chappies ;-) ........

Unless you try to invade again >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-06-11 4:12 PM

I don't.

You ?

So you were just born in Italy?.......

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 4:24 PM

So you were just born in Italy?.......

Dunno.

I was born in Italy, I love my country and I am proud to be a citizen of it, to know its history and its problems.

But I worked for a long time abroad, for Italian and American multinationals.

Basically I feel international.

Nationalisms and those who do not recognize to live in a country that has been colonizer and exploiter bothers me.

Am I allowed?

Have I answered ?

Archived