Autoquest 400. RL. 2004 reg

hullcity

Advice if possible

I’ve never used my truma water heater in the van but may have to this year-sites full etc. How do I work it please on gas and /or on electric . There is only 1 main dial controller and switch below . Manual doesn’t seem to explain operation very clearly .

044C9515-73D1-4887-A3F1-0F402F4D3CF5.jpg.1e85b9a545e5093c20bbb2e6a7ea135a.jpg

I'm assuming you have the manual here:

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/70_000/70010_28800.pdf

(It is in English - the design of the electric switch shown is different, but its function is exactly the same as the one in your photo).

The functions of the Ultrastore are relatively easy to control.

First thing before use is to make sure the cowl from the outside vent has been removed, and that the hot water system has been filled (water pump on, open hot taps in succession until water flows).

Then for electric operation, simply turn on at the lower switch in your picture. On electric, the water temperature isn't adjustable, but is set at 70 degrees. (there will probably be a circuit breaker on the mains electric input somewhere, so best to check that is on first). As the question has sometimes been asked, this will, of course, require you to have a mains supply.

Gas operation is only slightly more complicated. Make sure gas is on at the cylinder, and any isolation tap for the boiler is also on (likely to be near the other gas isolation taps). Then simply turn the outer part of the upper switch from "o" (Off) to the flame symbol. The boiler should light (though if it hasn't been used for some time, it may take a few attempts, switching off and then on). On gas, the (final) water temperature can be adjusted by turning the inner part of the upper switch to the required temperature.

The lower switch does not have to be on for gas-only operation, but if you want to heat water quickly, then it is quite acceptable to use both gas and electric simultaneously.

Archived