Benimar 243 mystery fusebox

Lenz

My Benimar 243 (2019) has an anonymous grey box adjacent the mains trips box and separate to the cbe 12v fuse/control box. It contains 10 mini fuses of various values between 15 and 3 amp and a relay with 70 amp capacity. The box is a generic type with no identifying information.

Does anyone know what these fuses are for and what the relay's function is? I've tried pulling a few fuses to identify what they serve but didn't find any systems affected, though I probably didn't try hard enough. My own guess at the function of the relay is that it is a) the split charge relay that operates when engine running or b) the main 12V isolator operated by the 12V on/off switch on the control panel.

Benimar provide a wiring diagram with the van but it is very simplified and hence somewhat cryptic and hasn't helped me with this. I like to have an understanding of the van's systems but am stumped by this one. If any one knows what this grey box really does I'd be pleased to hear.

Mike

Not much help to you - but the documentation I got with our Benimar (second owner) was particularly useless with regard to electrics! The original manual referred

to the previous model not ours.

Regardless - I love our 2005 Benimar & wouldn't change her!

Very well built van with character!

laimeduck - 2020-07-02 5:07 PM

you may get more help on this Facebook group Benimar UK Owners Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1677931632528139/

Or here

https://www.benimarownersclub.co.uk/

Thanks but I've tried on the fb group and am not a member of the other club. I even tried Benimar but they referred me to my dealer who I suspect wouldn't give away info for free (assuming they know...). I guess I'm going to have to roll up my sleeves and dig around in the wiring some more. If I work out what the fuses and relay actually do then I'll post on here and elsewhere.

So progress so far...

five of the ten fuses in the grey box are for the hab interior lighting. The relay switches the power to all ten fused cables on and off - it is 'on' when the control panel 12v button is pressed and 'off' otherwise.

As yet the purpose of the other five fuses remains a mystery to me. Watch this space.... ;-)

Mike

Archived