First fill of GasIt LPG system

SAlexander

After fitting a 11Kg GasIt LPG cylinder to my Rapido a couple of months ago, I just got around to filling it In advance of our trip to Northumberland next week. Coincidentally, I also ordered a refill for my backup Calorlite 6Kg this morning - slight difference in price!

The Calorlite was £26.43, around £2.30/litre. The LPG was £0.54/litre 8-)

Luckily I have a Morrisons just a few miles down the road and their LPG prices seem to be very competitive.

Got to say i'm chuffed with that.

We have more or less the same set-up.

One 11kg gas-it refillable cylinder and one 6kg Calorlite, as a back up.

Works a treat for us and takes away all the concern about using gas when abroad. Not to mention the price difference highlighted by the OP.

SAlexander - 2020-07-06 4:47 PM

After fitting a 11Kg GasIt LPG cylinder to my Rapido a couple of months ago,...

Idle curiosity, but I understand from an earlier posting of yours in January that you planned to install an external remote filling-point (presumably for convenience and to avoid having to open the gas-locker door at the refilling stage). If you did this, where did you position the filling-point, please?

I fitted it in the plastic panel beside the fuel filler. Although there is adequate space behind the panel for the filler, I can't pretend that it wasn't extremely fiddly to install! The filler pipe runs down through a 90 degree elbow and throgh the front wall of the gas locker.

1065793211_LPGfiller2.jpg.1caef98a2a6f4c3b8d8de034e6b92759.jpg

Thanks Derek. The job would have been rather more straightforward if i'd fitted the filler in the skirt to the right of the gas cabinet as originally planned! I thought this a neater position and worth the effort. I've got a very well equipped workshop after decades of racing cars so i'm rarely defeated :-D

Archived