passenger seat fiat ducato tribute

caretaker

good afternoon everybody,have just joined this website so be gentle with me.recently bought my first motorhome fiat ducato tribute very pleased with it so far.one problem my wife has in passenger seat, she is looking out windscreen abovewiper line and is not happy! can the seat be lowered sufficiently ;-) ;-)

Guest starspirit

You can easily remove the seat swivel mechanism on either cab seat which will lower the seat by about 3cm but then the seat will not turn and in a van like yours you may well need it to turn to use the space.

It may be easier to make a box for feet to rest on whilst on the move.

This will also have the advantage as potential extra storage if you make it so and a box can normally easily be fixed adequately in place by velcro.

Hello Caretaker,

The passenger seat cannot be lowered in the Tribute as the leisure battery is situated under the seat in the seat box. The only option would be to have the battery moved to another location, possibly under the long settee next to the fresh water tank.

The seat height can also be a problem for the belted seat in the habitation area if used regularly as a travel seat.

If the seat height is a problem a footrest seems to be the only reasonable solution. I have seen the typist type footrests used for this purpose in several Ducato/Boxer van conversions but any footrest will need to be secured in some way to avoid it moving around especially in a collision.

Regards,

Mike.

Sorry missed the main point that your wife is presumably tall and therefore looking out at the top of the screen. Footrests not a great deal of good then.

thanks for your replies, seems i will have to change wife or change van, first suggestion only joking as its our 45 anniversary today. i am beginning to enjoy looking through this site, i have a few more questions shortly. bye for now

You may be able to use a wiper blade that side with a larger sweep. I'd take the existing blade into Halfords or similar, havig measured how much spare screen at the top of the sweep I'd got to play with, then pick whichever blade suits.

Might work and shouldn't cost a fortune or take too much work... plus, all that gratitude!!

Archived