Sharing Your Motorhome?

Cattwg

"In support of the ever-growing sharing economy and the increasing demand for staycations, we’ve developed a new product that enables our customers to hire out their motorhomes and campervans to friends and family. If this is something that may be of interest to you, please keep an eye on our website for more information."

I’ve just taken the above off an email from Comfort Insurance. It’s not for me but it’s an interesting development.

Cattwg :-D

Hi Cattwg,

Yes received same email and, having witnessed results of 'Hired out Motorhomes' I am with you -

Deff Not For Me Either !

Shudder to think of future insurance quotation problems should a 'Hired out' insurance claim be made, can't imagine other insurance companies wishing to honour NCB's or take on a Motorhome that has been through the 'Hired Out' system ?

Dave A.

I spent over ten years maintaining a hire fleet of motorhomes, even with the best will in the world they suffered badly. If you lend your pride and joy and a relation or friend has a prang the repercussions could cause a major fallout.

I am not happy with Comfort Insurance at the moment, I have been with them for many years and very satisfied with their service BUT , I allowed my Insurance with them to lapse last April and sorned my van, I tried to re insure with Comfort last week as I am putting the van back on the road now we can start using it again , Comfort wanted £200 pounds more for the same Policy I had previously because they said it was a new Policy, I shopped around and found quotes at less premium and actually reinsured with the CCC of which I am a member and got the cover I wanted but no Breakdown for £400 less than Comfort, So goodbye Comfort. I would never allow anyone use of my Mortorhome free or for hire ?

Archived