Control panel issue

Jinty

Chausson flash 10 2012

New to us and had issues with power- cutting off around every 30 seconds! Fridge and socket working.

Already has new leisure battery and RCD ok. Anyone else had this issue?

Sounds like the control unit or charger has gone. The symptoms you describe is typical of this. There are companies that can repair or supply new or reconditioned units and I would advise contacting one of those companies for your vehicle or control unit to be checked out.

Welcome to the Out&AbouLive forums, Janette.

I THINK the control-panel your motorhome has is the one shown in the image attached below, but I’m not sure who the manufacturer is (Nordelettronica?) There is usually some sort of reference number on the panel to identify its origin.

For focussed advice you’ll also need to provide more detail about the problem.

What ‘power’ is actually cutting off after 30 seconds (230V, 12V or something else?) and why do you think the control-panel is involved? Does the control-panel shut down after 30 seconds, perhaps?

chausson.jpg.ef88dde569032db2d02b8c415773db63.jpg

As the vehicle is new to the OP, it could be the case that the mains charger is not switched ON, or is faulty as suggested above.

If the habitation/service battery is flat, or otherwise faulty, then when the control panel is switched ON the voltage will quickly drop to the low voltage cut out level of the control panel.

A measurement of the voltage at the battery terminals, would be helpful in making a diagnosis.

With many installations the fridge is supplied at 12V from the habition battery when the engine is running. Reliance is placed upon the split charge circuitry to supply the current taken by the fridge, and charge the habitation battery from the vehicle alternator.

If for whatever reason the split charge circuit is faulty, you can arrive at destination with a discharged habitation battery.

Alan

Thank you for all your advice! It’s been in the garage for a couple of new items - TV, satellite- and I asked the mechanic to look at this issue. Of course it’s now all working following our drive to the garage. He has checked the batteries, rcds and chargers and all are fine. We checked the cables and etc on the hook up when we were away for 4 days and that was ok too. I know it’s difficult trying to find an issue when it starts working gain!

With regards to what was still working - fridge and socket. I know nothing about electrical stuff but just presumed it was the control panel at fault ! The lights, water pump, bed , toilet flush etc were all cut off.

We are off for a few days in a couple of weeks and we’ll see what happens! Hopefully you’ll not hear from me again????????

Archived