CS's & CL's

derek500

Is there a way I can find out the locations of CS's and CL's before joining the respective clubs?

We need to find three cheap sites near to the following golf courses in July and August. Does anyone know of any near these locations?

Old Ford Manor - Barnet, Herts

Southerndown - Ogmore-by-Sea, Bridgend, Wales

Conwy - Morfa, Conwy, Wales

Thanks

Guest starspirit
From memory, the CC used to have a lot more CL's than the CCC had CS's and we always found the directions in the CC handbook and map easier to follow than those in the CCC book and map.

Thnaks for that chaps. The CC have a lot more than the C&CC so I think I'll join them.

I suppose that as they only old five MHs it would be best to join now and book in advance as we will be using them in August.

Terry, I've downloaded the Autoroute files as an .axe, which is the complete map. Do you know how I can extract the pushpoint files so I can convert them to .ov2 format for my TomTom?

Thanks

Hi Derek,

I will have a look to see if there is a workaround for that, it might be possible to extract the pushpin set into excel, then output as a csv file. I've a feeling you can then convert to .ov2 from csv with a util available from the internet...... I think! - does anyone else know who has done it before?

Regards Terry

PS I have managed to get the axe file CL's into a CSV excel if that's any good to you.

I've joined the Caravan Club, as they seem to have the most 'no frills' sites.

I've a couple of questions though. Firstly it states on the CC website:-

"Mains electricity points are available into which the tourist caravan electrical system can be plugged. On Certificated Locations, owners are required to hold a current electrical test certificate".

I don't have one of those, does anyone?

Secondly, some have "Batteries can be charged on site".

What does that mean? My battery charges via hookup.

Hi Derek,

I think the regs refer to the CL site owners not the CL site users - its a bit confusing as the CC Club probably employ ex government civil servants, who are not MH'ers, and cannot give straight answers to straight questions, and cannot make easily understood instructions!!

Batteries charged on site means, you can remove your battery and put it on charge away from the vehicle/caravan, usually in an old shed the farmer uses to keep his chickens and goats in. - lovely rural life be.

Regards Terry

Terrytraveller - 2007-03-21 11:24 AM

Batteries charged on site means, you can remove your battery and put it on charge away from the vehicle/caravan, usually in an old shed the farmer uses to keep his chickens and goats in. - lovely rural life be.

Regards Terry

Thanks for that Terry, I'm still working out how to remove the seat and swivel mechanism in my Fiat to look at the battery. So I won't be using that service!

derek500 - 2007-03-21 10:08 AM

"Mains electricity points are available into which the tourist caravan electrical system can be plugged. On Certificated Locations, owners are required to hold a current electrical test certificate".

I ssume its the owner of the site, to ensure safety of the out door electrics.

( or am I missing the point ?)

tonyishuk - 2007-03-21 6:57 PM

derek500 - 2007-03-21 10:08 AM

I ssume its the owner of the site, to ensure safety of the out door electrics.

( or am I missing the point ?)

It's me missing the point!!

Archived