No more blocked/failing regulators

davew-s

Interestingly when you look at Mr Wade Smith's e-mail address you could be forgiven for thinking there would be a website at www.continental-uk.com but if you try it in your browsers address bar there's nothing there. I would have thought that for a business which is trying to sell products, and using the internet to do so, a website displaying the company's wares would be a good starting point.

I would like some more information on this product please Mr Wade-Smith, you can find my e-mail address over there on the left.

D.

Guest starspirit

Try www.continentalproduct.co.uk.

But I could find no mention of kit suitable for us on the site?

I too must admit some surprise at such a blatant selling pitch from a guy who originally came on here ostensibly seeking opinions and ideas?

Hi Richard, my point was that usually people's e-mail address is made up of two components; the users name (the bit before the @ sign) and the domain name (the bit after the @ sign). When this is supplied by an ISP the address is usually along the lines of dave@virgin.com or something like that. When the bit after the @ sign is obviously not an ISP (Virgin, Orange, Blueyonder etc) then it is usually the domain name of the addressee. In the address; dave@davenewell.co.uk for example the davenewell.co.uk part is my domain name.

Following that convention if you see an e-mail address like Mr Wade Smith's (david.wade.smith@continental-uk.com) then you might expect www.continental-uk.com to be a valid website address which it isn't.

D.

This is the company.

Continental Product Engineering Ltd

(URL removed - OAL Moderator)

Prospect House, Loddon Industrial Park, Loddon, Norwich NR14 6JJ

Tel: 01508 528060

Fax: 01508 528061

Chairman: Henry W Burton

Edit - PS - there is no hiding on the internet.

Apologies if I have caused the ruffling of any feathers - it's only because so many have asked for more information on the items we are creating that I thought it best to address you all directly.

I certainly wasn't trying to 'hide on the internet' in any way shape or form - and purposefully didn't list our web address in case of upsetting anyone but the part of the website that all of these bits will be listed on is being finalised and made live in the next few days - I just wanted to give you a sneaky peek beforehand.

Again, apologies if I have offended. It wasn't my intention. I'm not trying to take over the commercial world with this - just aiming aiming to help some fellow campers!

Oh, and by the way, the reason for the difference in email address and web address is due to the website being being brand new and the email system hasn't yet been updated to follow suit.

"I certainly wasn't trying to 'hide on the internet' in any way shape or form "

Sorry, was not trying to imply you were hiding, but more hi-lighting to others that in todays internet most things can be traced, and previous posters had drawn a blank on your domain, whereas it was very easy to actually find your company details and your domain was under construction.

J.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived