Hard drive

sandalwood

Adjust your seat until you find the best position for you. I have had back trouble for many years but have no problems driving now. Sit upright, get closer to the pedals. Stretching to brake and use the clutch is bad.

In the bad old days when every car seat was uncomfortable I used these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WOODEN-BEAD-BEADED-FRONT-COVER/dp/B003NRYVFM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&hvadid=80539258454488&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=beaded+car+seat+covers&qid=1595789517&sr=8-5&tag=mh0a9-21

They worked for me.

sandalwood - 2020-07-26 5:12 PM

Anyone have ideas of a “ cushion” to solve hard drive. My back kills me!

Regards

Ian

It may help a bit to select the tyre pressures recommended by the tyre manufacturer to match the actual axle loads. The pressures recommended by most motorhome manufacturers are those appropriate to both axles being at their maximum permissible load - a load condition that cannot legally be achieved, but may well be true for one, or the other, axle (usually, but not invariably, the rear, in which case the front tyres would inevitably be over-inflated for their actual load).

It may be that your back muscles need to be strengthened?

A physiotherapist would be able to advise. I had a chronic back problem for twenty years as a result of having a desk job and getting too little exercise. It was resolved with the help of a physiotherapist who then gave me some exercises to do, supplemented with some exercises from those outlined here:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/10-minute-workouts/

On the other hand you may have an underlying condition so maybe a visit to the docs first.

sandalwood - 2020-07-27 12:05 PM

Why did lumbar support not work, just interested?

Not all vans have the adjustable lumbar support, our Campscout on a Ducato doesn't, but has two armrests, the WildAx on a Relay has the adjustable lumber support, but only one armrest. I find on the Ducato, to get the feet and arm positions right for me the back of seat is too upright and leaves the small of my back poorly supported, whilst I can lean the seat back a bit and bring it forward it leaves the pedals uncomfortable to use.

Friends of ours, who are both tallish, find the same with the SEVEL vans. Basically they both have long legs, so can't find a comfortable compromise between pedal reach and steering wheel reach. These vehicles are still being designed to suit the Italian build, with legs relatively shorter than the average northern European. It could be helped were the steering wheel adjustable for reach as well as height.

Archived