cheap stays

caretaker

We stayed for 2 nights on a standard pitch at Setthorns in the New Forest last week end for £10.46 total. (C&C club over 55 discount applied.)

They have pitches with electric hook up which cost more, but these de-lux pitches are all on top of each other wheras the stand pitches have lots of space around them.

Solar panel and Carver heater mean we are self sufficient when it comes to power requirements.

we were booked to stop at haggerston for two nights last year it is only an hour up the road for us. it has to be the worst place we have ever stopped it was dirty there were kids knocking a golf ball in and arond the parked caravans and motorhomes.the complex is absloutley full of fruit machines and wild kids the food is awful although the self sevice chinese restaraunt st the other side of the site was ok.

at night there were hoards of drunken teenagers around the main buildings urinating against the trees.

in the main building there seemed to be quite alot of single men hanging about i did not think alot of it at the time but when i got home i mentioned where i had been to local policeman who explained that the probation sevice were using it to house recently released prisoners as it was cheaper than putting them up in b&b and it was known to the local police as hmp haggerston

we did not stop for the second night

if you want to come to northumberland there are some great sites and some great places to visit but i would not reccomend haggertson

caretaker - 2007-03-16 7:41 AM

just thought i would let you know, booked 3 night stay at haggerston castle with electrics for £13.00 some good deals on haven holidays site early season.anybody any info on this area of northumberland. ta!

I bet you are REALLY looking foward to your stay after what goerdie01

had to say ??

Sounds a delightful place, Just remember to take a can of Mace,and a flamethrower.

Northumberland is a lovely Place though ! Bamborough Castle, a walk in the Cheviot hills, take a drive to Lindisfarne, (check the tide timetable)

Really deserted beaches, a lovely place. just find a CL and give 'Alcatraz'

a wide berth. :D

Guest Frank Wilkinson
When I saw this thread's headline 'Cheap Stays' I was a little silly and didn't read it properly and I immediately telephoned my aging mother who assured me that the best place for cheap stays is the Bolton Corset Centre on Ramsbottom Street, Bolton.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Mel B - 2007-03-26 8:09 PM I thought this thread was initially about cheap stays meaning 'cheap door stays'!!!!! (lol)

Are you trying to convince us that you don't wear corsets?

Archived