Journey to Delft

Paul worms

Hi Paul,

I found the following place to stay in Belguim on the way to Delft, can recommend Eeklo as a half way stopping off point at (N) 51.17864 (E) 003.54911, around 3 euro p/n, 107 miles to camp site Delftse Hout and 86 miles from Calais.

We stayed at Delftse Hout, off season rates fairly reasonable at 14.5 euro with camping cheque, otherwise around 25 euros, Bank Holiday is 1st May to 5th May very expensive to stay, from 6th May to 16th May is a lower charging period.

Regards Terry

which port are you using - Calais??

you could always follow the coast, there is /was ferry links but this may have been replaced by tunnels across to Vlissingen. It is all very flat, because a lot of it is reclaimed land but the engineering work is quite amazing. There is another tunnel - across the Rhine estuary, then turn left for Delft.

have fun

B-)

Terrytraveller - 2007-03-17 10:23 AM

Hi Paul,

I found the following place to stay in Belguim on the way to Delft, can recommend Eeklo as a half way stopping off point at (N) 51.17864 (E) 003.54911, around 3 euro p/n, 107 miles to camp site Delftse Hout and 86 miles from Calais.

We stayed at Delftse Hout, off season rates fairly reasonable at 14.5 euro with camping cheque, otherwise around 25 euros, Bank Holiday is 1st May to 5th May very expensive to stay, from 6th May to 16th May is a lower charging period.

Regards Terry

You have omitted the big holiday, Queen's day on 30th April. Everything used to stop- I presume it still does even tho Queen Juliana is no longer with us.

B-)

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the info, we are going to Delftse Hout on the 6th May so will miss the Queens Birthday, I don't suppose she will mind *-)

I only put those dates down because I know them to be bank hols in Holland. I just can't bring myself to pay up to 28 euro p/n, so restrict my Netherlands visits to the low season.

Regards Terry

Terrytraveller - 2007-03-18 11:37 AM

Jackie - Ahh.. so its not a homophobic celebration then - so do you take Campingcheques? Regards Terry (lol)

nope ACSI - but I don't think Delft do. {nay - just checked - not a chance]

B-)

Mornin Jackie,

Delftse Hout take ASCI and Camping Cheques from 6th May to 16th May, before 6th May is their Bank Holiday and after 16th May is the start of their busier time, although there is stacks of room, they charge more for it!

As I shall be in transit during your birthday - May I wish you Many Happy Returns for then - now.

Regards Terry

Hi Paul

We are also going to Delft in April, and joining the CCC rally at Delft House.

As we sail from Newcastle to Amsterdam, we will only be 30 miles from Delft on leaving the ferry, and don;t think we can suggest any scenic route over this distance.

Have a good trip

Ken

lizken - 2007-03-20 4:48 PM

Hi Paul

We are also going to Delft in April, and joining the CCC rally at Delft House.

As we sail from Newcastle to Amsterdam, we will only be 30 miles from Delft on leaving the ferry, and don;t think we can suggest any scenic route over this distance.

Have a good trip

Ken

you could go by way of the Afsluitdijk :-> :-> :-> :->

B-)

Terrytraveller - 2007-03-20 10:14 AM

Mornin Jackie,

Delftse Hout take ASCI and Camping Cheques from 6th May to 16th May, before 6th May is their Bank Holiday and after 16th May is the start of their busier time, although there is stacks of room, they charge more for it!

As I shall be in transit during your birthday - May I wish you Many Happy Returns for then - now.

Regards Terry

Cheers Terry.

Never bothered with Camping Cheques, it's always seemed easier just to carry the card.

B-)

Archived