France 2020 visiting

Keith T

rael - 2020-09-03 10:55 PM

This suggests that completing the ’sworn statement’ form is mandatory however one travels to France, but Brittany Ferries says “There are no forms to complete when travelling to or returning to France..."

Clearly I made a serious mistake. I must of thought it said 'from France,' not to France. Silly me. I'll remember not to contribute in future. You know, when you receive patronising responses, it kind of puts you off? I was trying to be helpful, but maybe thats not important here anymore.

Your post was incorrect and that was pointed out. I don't see anything patronising in Derek's response.

Way2Go - 2020-09-05 6:49 AM

Derek Uzzell - 2020-09-04 6:48 AM

Your choice...

What a thoroughly unpleasant and little man you really are.

He said he was only trying to help and there was no need to take that tone with him especially in your 'job's worth' position.

And what a nasty personal attack for no good reason that was. Rael decided to take the hump and climb on to his high horse and Derek merely (and concisely, politely, without insult) called his bluff.

Somewhat childish response from Rael after he made what he himself describes as a serious mistake in his post. A mistake that, if taken as read, could have problems and embarrassment to others.

I don't see anything wrong with Derek's post. If Rael wants to throw the teddy out of the pram then so be it.

Unfortunately when threads get sidetracked into spats they often end up being lost to the original topic, which is a pity, so let's get back on track now shall we?

Our MH hasn't turned a wheel (apart from going for an MOT) since last November and I can't see us bothering to us it at all until after we've have a vaccine. We rarely use UK sites anyway except for a night stop en route to France and beyond and we've coped well enough sheltering at home so far, thanks to Skype and supermarket deliveries. Travelling abroad (or even motorhoming in UK) just doesn't seem worth the risk to us for the foreseeable future.

Your choice...

He said he was only trying to help and there was no need to take that tone with him especially in your 'job's worth' position.

Well said and why anyone needs to support his response is beyond me

Nicepix - 2020-09-04 7:51 AM

Your post was incorrect and that was pointed out. I don't see anything patronising in Derek's response.

StuartO - 2020-09-05 8:07 AM

Our MH hasn't turned a wheel (apart from going for an MOT) since last November and I can't see us bothering to us it at all until after we've have a vaccine. Travelling abroad (or even motorhoming in UK) just doesn't seem worth the risk to us for the foreseeable future.

Pity more didn't share your ways. We came home end of Nov going out again end Jan

but seeing this kicking off haven't been anywhere mines not even had its Mot its sorned an on the drive like you awaiting the Vacine

witzend - 2020-09-05 6:44 PM

Your choice...

Well said and why anyone needs to support his response is beyond me

Nicepix - 2020-09-04 7:51 AM

The same could be said for your support of a reaction to what is really a pretty innocuous post. :->

Archived