BBC Hates Britain ...

Birdbrain

John52 - 2020-08-25 6:43 AM

Can't see anything about hating Britain in your link

only its past racism and colonialism.

Most nations have shameful incidents in their past, and Britain is no exception

What would you be saying if Germans were singing those lyrics

Errrrr ... Point out which part of the lyrics offends you so and why and I might be able to answer ya ... Now you mention Germany ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/927364/germany-national-anthem-re-written-gender-sensitive ... Maybe in your best offended way you can give your valuable thoughts

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-25 6:43 AM

Can't see anything about hating Britain in your link

only its past racism and colonialism.

Most nations have shameful incidents in their past, and Britain is no exception

What would you be saying if Germans were singing those lyrics

Say's the bloke who hates being British >:-) ..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.cdbbe700600c1aba5f1bcfad3de8272f.jpg

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-25 7:23 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-25 10:15 AM

hates being British >:-) ..........

You are still making things up

Am I? >:-) .......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.8f6c09858892488b0c74f208849bfcd7.jpg

Yet another non story whipped up by the Tory media to draw attention away from BoJo's disastrous handling of Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/19/covid-19-climbdowns-the-uk-governments-u-turns-and-missteps

The reason the words have been dropped is that, due to Covid restrictions, there will be no audience to sing along to them.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/25/last-night-proms-land-hope-glory-controversy

Birdbrain - 2020-08-25 4:10 PM

Truly beautiful ...

... One imagines its the waving of that nasty flag that most of those blubbing find insulting ... Hate on ... Love not hate

I seem to remember a lot of Blubbing and hysterics when when most of the audience were waving EU flags at that event.

As said by John52 there will be no singing anyway as there will be no fecker there so it's a none story really.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 9:23 AM

Truly beautiful ...

... One imagines its the waving of that nasty flag that most of those blubbing find insulting ... Hate on ... Love not hate

I seem to remember a lot of Blubbing and hysterics when when most of the audience were waving EU flags at that event.

As said by John52 there will be no singing anyway as there will be no fecker there so it's a none story really.

Chuckle ... Post a picture of that please Barry Fake News ... EU flags have been present but "most of the audience" ... BFN ... Hate on chunky

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 5:23 PM

Truly beautiful ...

Chuckle ... Post a picture of that please Barry Fake News ... EU flags have been present but "most of the audience" ... BFN ... Hate on chunky

I seem to remember posting them before on here. The last few concerts were awash with EU flags. Many waved both the Union flag and the EU flag. I would hazard a guess that if you did a balot at the last night of the proms leave or remain it would very much be a Remainer event. For the record I have no problem with the songs being sung.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 7:09 PM

Truly beautiful ...

I seem to remember posting them before on here. The last few concerts were awash with EU flags. Many waved both the Union flag and the EU flag. I would hazard a guess that if you did a balot at the last night of the proms leave or remain it would very much be a Remainer event. For the record I have no problem with the songs being sung.

"For the record" you obviously cant back up your Barry Fake News once again ... Tiresome Princess, youve become very tiresome

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 7:13 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 7:09 PM

Truly beautiful ...

"For the record" you obviously cant back up your Barry Fake News once again ... Tiresome Princess, youve become very tiresome

You seem to have a short memory. EU flag waving started in 2016 as a protest and many at the concerts chose to wave them and the union flag of course as the two show support for the two great unions.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/sep/10/eu-flags-waved-at-last-night-of-the-proms-in-anti-brexit-protest

It carried on every year since. I belive Nigel Sewage was extremely angry about it.

I'm not a fan of flag waving nationalism as it tends to start wars.

Even more repulsive when the old men starting wars are sending young men to do their fighting for them.

Its different when its a flag of all nations that unites us.

As long as we were in the EU we had a way of defusing any more European wars. :-S

John52 - 2020-08-27 10:31 AM

Even more repulsive when the old men starting wars are sending young men to do their fighting for them.

As long as we were in the EU we had a way of defusing any more European wars. :-S

Except the one which is about to start between Turkey and Greece , presumably.

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 10:38 AM

Like all the other members, Greece is still a member as the break up of the EU predicted by our Brexiteers has obviously not happened and looks even more unlikely now.

But Turkey is still trying to join - they will have to meet more conditions before they are allowed in. So that can only help to avert war.

John52 - 2020-08-27 3:17 PM

Like all the other members, Greece is still a member as the break up of the EU predicted by our Brexiteers has obviously not happened and looks even more unlikely now.

But Turkey is still trying to join - they will have to meet more conditions before they are allowed in. So that can only help to avert war.

Hasn’t happened YET.

Turkey don’t look very much like they are trying to avert conflict. I see this morning Greece has altered its maritime boarders in response.

Turkey back one side in Libya,France the other......ahhh such harmony.

Guest pelmetman

Said the flag waving SNP supporter >:-) .......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.d99b6b4e813017e55006d94c29a66313.jpg

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.43c3ced43dfa49318f54027b3bd8a2fd.jpg

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.5669f7a65c9d54abc8e1fdd86b53fda3.jpg

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-08-27 3:22 PM

John52 - 2020-08-27 3:17 PM

Hasn’t happened YET.

Turkey don’t look very much like they are trying to avert conflict. I see this morning Greece has altered its maritime boarders in response.

Turkey back one side in Libya,France the other......ahhh such harmony.

When I joined HMS Devonshire in 75 it had not long returned from the last Greek Turkey punch up ;-) .......

Part of their job as observers of the conflict was to pick up the bits of Greek and Turkish sailors :-| .........

Archived